Ranger tracks/cab

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is looking like the year I’ll need tracks for the ranger. I have a 2012 Ranger 800 XP HO with EPS.

What brand/model tracks do you recommend?

What brand/model/setup for a cab?

Where did you find the best price/dealer/service?

What else do do I need to consider?

Thanks

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Camoplast tracks are hard to beat and the DFK cab is an amazing hard cab. If you have an enclosed trailer, I'd maybe save a few thousand and go with a soft cab.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking to buy Camoplast also (for Pioneer). It's awfully hard to find any discounted prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we can talk someone into a buy two discount?

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking to buy Camoplast also (for Pioneer). It's awfully hard to find any discounted prices.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe we can talk someone into a buy two discount?

I sense a group buy happening!

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve called 2 places so far about the Camso 4S1 tracks. Same price quote. The prices must be set. I was offered a 10% discount if I purchase 2 sets (1 for me, 1 for Guy). Any other takers?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I worked in free installation on mine ~$300. Make sure to get that worked into the 10% off too

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a 2010 800 that could use a set of tracks. I just wonder if i should try save the drive train and ride the snowmobile where tires cant go?

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With our dollar as strong as it is you might want to look across the border.
$4750 up there is $3500 our price right now..
Could go and get them thrown on while up fishing in Winnipeg, throw her back in the trailer and head home.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-atv-parts-t...vs/1406124108?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

A lot of stuff is marked up higher north of the border in almost the same proportion as the exchange rate. $10 for a shad rap is one example. You can find some things not much different. Those tracks would be a killer deal though.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well on good exchange rate years we've bought all kinds of higher dollar items. Like cars, trucks, boats, atvs, hell even our home! Haha ha
Always saved thousands over buying down here.
My buddy bought this little Ford with the tracks up there for $6500 US. Sure is nice cruising around big windy sitting on heated leather seats! :;:thumbsup
FB_IMG_1545177332806.jpg

Last edited:

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
I have a 2012 Ranger 800 XP with Mattracks EZ UTV on them. They've worked fine for me, but I bought the unit with them on it. They're shorter than the Camso tracks because they sit more under the machine. If you're not in a hurry, Mattracks usually offers a 25% discount if you put in the order in the spring for the next fall delivery.

Buddy has the Camso tracks on his rig, those have been great also, and seem to be the most popular option.

As far as a cab, I found a deal on an old stock Rangerware fiberglass cab on ebay. Been good for me so far. I believe Curtis also makes a cab for that model still and they make a damn good cab from what I'm told.

revolutionz

★★★ Legendary Member
Here's a pic of my rig, I've added the windshield wiper kit, and the dash seal kit this year. Need to do a bit more sealing around the cab, but it's been a solid rig. Maybe sometime down the road I'll upgrade to something more powerful, but it will do 30mph on hardpack and has no trouble doing 15-20 through some snow. If it's real soft snow, I leave it in low gear which limits me to about 12mph.

ranger.jpg

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see there is several used tracks on Bisman online for sale if that interests anyone

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I put camoplast on my foreman. Work great, after a lot of research I settled on Camoplast. I think they are almost 20lbs lighter per track than Mattracks.

I bought mine from someplace out west, can't remember the name. They were about 400$ cheaper than any dealer in the area. Offered free shipping if I shipped it to a "business" address, so I gave the local cafe 20$ and had them shipped there. Installed them myself, not too bad.

I think if you were getting tracks and a cab and all that at the same place, you should be able to get a good deal.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66