Nishu Archery Leagues

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who is all shooting in the leagues this year? I'm thinking about doing the Thursday night individual league. I've never done it before, but I need something to do during the week. The website says that it starts at 6:30, but what if a person can't get there until a little later? Will they still allow you to shoot?

I'm guessing it would be a lot of fun, but just wanted to see what others have experienced.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ll be shooting Thursday. I spoke with the organizer. He wants folks to start shooting by 8:30 so he can get people out at a reasonable time. Just remember that if you show up at 6:45, instead of 6:30, it will take you longer to get through the course.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems to me that there would be less time standing around if a person showed up a little later, rather than getting there right away and waiting to shoot. I’m just assuming that once everyone gets started it moves fairly quickly.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, yeah...if you show up really late you'll have everyone ahead of you, with nobody slowing you down.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Before or after the rush is what I mean. 6:45 is the peak.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
There isn't much listed as far as the rules are concerned. Are you allowed to use binoculars or rangefinders in this league?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
There isn't much listed as far as the rules are concerned. Are you allowed to use binoculars or rangefinders in this league?
Yes on Binos and the yardages are usually marked for you. Its a pretty laid back league, pretty much everything goes, there are guys that use target bows with magnified sights even. I would say the league is more of a fun league than a serious league, I think the team stuff gets a little more serious.

If you want a really laid back league without any lines, hit up the traditional on Wednesday.

Last edited:

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd love to be able to have the time for a league. I need to get a baby bjorn

I don't necessarily have the time with two kids under the age of 4. I'm making the time so I don't go crazy over the winter.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
atlatl-538x354.jpg

nybs

Honored Member
I'd love to be able to have the time for a league. I need to get a baby bjorn
Get an osprey backpack carrier...I was playing hockey out front with older kids and had my 30lb 10 month old on my back;) Bjorn might have the kid in danger of some string burn...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69