Big Muddy Fishing tournament 2019

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Any one interested to fish the tournament go online to Big Muddy Fishing Tournament some interesting reading and new sign up rules. Did not fish it last year this year looks like i will be on the sidelines again.

Coyote Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
It has always been a buddy system for that tournament... so this is no surprise. Now, they can make sure all there buddies are in the tournament every year. I stopped fishing it years ago. The final straw was when we finished top 10 and only won our entry fee back. They wouldn't disclose the total money paid out to the winners.

I can't say I have missed it, but I am sure they haven't missed me fishing it either because it filled up in about hour every year.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seams like many of the tournaments are going this route. Doesn't the DWC out of Beulah do the same thing?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think there will be nearly the amount of teams back that one thinks. Out of 100 spots, I bet theres 80 ish teams that'll be there that weekend. So that leaves 20 open spots. The old method of opening it open at noon had a lot of issues with it. The only thing I see wrong with it, is the consideration out of town/state teams that fished it every year.

limit2winit

Established Member
It has always been a buddy system for that tournament... so this is no surprise. Now, they can make sure all there buddies are in the tournament every year. I stopped fishing it years ago. The final straw was when we finished top 10 and only won our entry fee back. They wouldn't disclose the total money paid out to the winners.

I can't say I have missed it, but I am sure they haven't missed me fishing it either because it filled up in about hour every year.

I dislike this as well. This is pretty much a guarantee fill, so no reason they can't have a pay structure. While I understand they give prizes from donors (which is a whole different can of worms) at least have some sort of structure for at least 1st- 10th or 15th. But yet I find myself continuing to fish it

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Been fishing the tournament for the last 6yrs. The first yr was the best, placed 2nd but what a adrenaline rush, fishing the Big Muddy for the first time in early morning fog so thick you could not see the shoreline and anglers hitting sandbars. Had a lot of laughs and memories. Getting out while ahead as it can get darn right spendy from pre fishing to boat wear and tear rather sit back and watch all the younger fellers rip around looking for a pay check. I will be out there recreation fishing just relaxing with no stress and a cold one. Good luck to all and most of all be safe! It was kind of a joke on getting your entree fee in. Looks like they want a guaranteed 100 teams, makes teams think about losing the spot so they have to sign up scare tactics.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
That tournament filled up in two hours last year, I don’t think they have trouble getting a hundred boats. Lol. I wonder if there wasn’t a limit on boats how many they could actually get signed up.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77