Bino tripod adapter

Fordboy

What are you guys running for quick release adaptors? I want to be able to switch from windows mount tripod with out having to change out plates. I picked up the vortex unidaptor and there is to much play. The swaro slc adapter looks like it would work good but dont want to pay 300 for 2 of them. Any other cheaper options? Thanks

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i run a plate on the bino adapter and on my spotter so i just switch when using my tripod. I never use the bino adapter in my vehicle so i just put the window mount on the spotter.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
after the bino up grade i think a up grade to a outdoors man tri pod is going to happen they make good stuff

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got 2 Swaro SLC adapters, 1 came w/my 15's and I got the 2nd cheap outta the bargain cave. 1 stays on a window mount and the other on a tripod plate. 2 buddies have the OutDoorsman units, IMO, every bit as good as the Swaro SLC and < 25% of the cost. I've looked through 15x SCL HD's using both, no discernible difference in steadiness between the 2, nor is 1 any more convenient than the other IMO. They're both quick to use and very stable.

Fordboy

SDMF. That's like what I was looking for. Knew there had to be a cheaper version than the swaro one. Thanks

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
$160 + tx and you'll be in business. $20 each to add as many binoculars to your system as you like.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always had trouble with any "hardware" type bino connectors. They just up and disappear ( i lose them in the field).

I just bought a Leupold Velcro tripod adapter for $20- however I haven't used it yet. I let you know in October how it works out.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've always had trouble with any "hardware" type bino connectors. They just up and disappear ( i lose them in the field).

I just bought a Leupold Velcro tripod adapter for $20- however I haven't used it yet. I let you know in October how it works out.

Will be interesting to see how it works. I've always thought that style would "flatten" your binocs if you make them tight enough to hold your binoculars steady thus changing the inter-pupillary distance.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77