Need an Outboard Mechanic Recommendation

defiant1

Honored Member
Looking for recommendations for a dealer/mechanic that is well versed/experienced with the early 2000 model Optimax motors. I have been burned by a couple dealerships and am looking for recommendations based on personal experience.

(You can PM me if you don't want to disclose specifics to the masses.)

d1

Last edited:

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jeff's Sport Shop in Minot. I have had him do some work for me and I thought he did a great job for a fair price. He is not afraid to explain everything to you. His phone # is on the web if you google it.

defiant1

Honored Member
thats not hard at all.

The task itself is not difficult. However, it doesn't mean it cannot be buggered up by someone that does not know what they are doing. I cannot afford to have a destroyed powerhead due to lack of oil to the crankshaft/connecting rod bearings.
I would like to find a mechanic that I can trust (use exclusively) to work on the motor regardless of how big or small the task is.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jeff's Sport Shop in Minot. I have had him do some work for me and I thought he did a great job for a fair price. He is not afraid to explain everything to you. His phone # is on the web if you google it.

I'll second this. Treated me well over the years.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75