Can-Am Defender XT with Cab

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does anybody have one, what are the good's and the bad's

RNinND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've just started looking into this model as well. So far looks like the storage and durability are great. Very interested to hear what current owners have to say.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
My dad has got one of these, I believe it is a defender. So far he has nothing but good things to say about it. I've driven it a few times and I really like how quiet it is compared to some of the other side by sides. The closed cab seals really well, not much dust got in while driving gravel roads in the summer.

FullSizeR.jpg

Nmariner

Established Member
I have a HD 10 defender with tracks and love it. Plenty of power to pull. Cab seals up nicely compared to most cabs, will get some snow dust inside pulling it down the highway. The Rangers may have a bit tighter seal not positive? Heat works great, I never have to put it in high even on cold days. Love the suicide doors for fishing out of the machine trying to run around find fish on cold windy days.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Anything bad about the HD8's

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 2015 Ranger 900 that has been going up to Winnipeg several times a year for the last 4 years and I've only ever had 1 issues with it! And it wasn't a busted A-arm :D

I was looking at updating this year and after seeing that guys rant/issues with the Crew Cabs on Facebook, I may wait until next year to see if they fix their problems!

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trying to talk my wife into a tracked Defender as i type......or a snowbear. Honda pioneer is a close 2nd. Poor experience with polaris. She is yelling at me!! I am scared........ and now she is throwing shit. Not looking good.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you still have to pull the seats to service the engine? Couple buddies have these and they said pulling the interior sucks when they have to service it or check the oil. They also said theirs were hot because the engine was right below them. Theirs is a couple years old so maybe CanAm changed some things.
Every maker has pros and cons with their machines.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ran rangers forever.
Ran an 18 Ranger and Defender last year.
Running 2019 1,000 Defender and ranger this year.
Normal ranch abuse and about 8500 miles on each machine.
When it comes time to trade in the rangers are ready to hit the road with an array of problems, they just don't hold up.
The Defender on the other hand was pretty much trouble free and tight like the day we bought it. Huge difference in build quality between the two. This will be the last Ranger, especially with the defenders two year warranty.
The 19 ranger is allot quieter this year and the ride is always a little softer but that is about it. Who the hell needs 6 drink holders.. give me storage and shelf space. The defender has all that and more with the under seat storage boxes and larger cab.
Like my buddy says, if your a farmer or city guy and just want to drive around get the ranger. If you are going to use it and demand it work for you get the Defender. I know when you put spray tanks in both of them and go out into rough ranch country you find out in a hurry witch rig is built better that's for sure.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wonder if the Defender will come with A/C next year

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88