New GSP Pup/I know I said Lab before

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even though we were looking for another chocolate lab pup we decided expand (convinced wife) options after EricB mentioned GSP. After my wife got to look at some of the pictures of the pups that EricB had she fell in love with one particular pup that was available. We got into contact earlier last week and talked on the phone for a while and by the end of the night we decided when they were in Fargo on Friday we would be picking up Bailey, funny part is that is the name we were going to use and that's what their kids were calling her. Friday was my daughters 7th Bday so my wife and I met EricB and his family to get Bailey with our daughters not knowing what was in store for them when we picked them up that night, needless to say it was a big surprise. Bailey has been doing very good in her new home and had been a fun addition. The girls and our lab Sadie have a little bit of adjusting and learning with an energetic pup but it has been going pretty well for their first few days.
Thanks again EricB and the guys that PM'ed me with information and advise

20190301_185712.jpg

20190301_225558.jpg

20190303_184834.jpg

20190303_180853.jpg

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its like buying a corvette vs. a truck --- watch out when you step on the gas. Little Hell raiser (not your daughter) ---- it will be fun and you will never look back. (your wife will though)

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's German and it's a pointer, which makes it 2/3's better then every other dog out there except ONE ;)

Congrats on the pooch. Lots of memories to be made!!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Welcome to NASCAR, you will know what I mean. Have fun.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The sire to these pups is a very gentle dog, and as velcro-like as any dog I've ever known. So your daughter should just get used to having a large lap dog.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats, the short hair is a good starter dog until you can trade up for the uglier version in a wire hair j/k! I'm sure your daughters and this pup will grow up together and create a lot of great memories.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
So with a lab and a GSP I suppose I'm in both dog tail clubs of docked and non docked. Am I going to be forced to pick a side:confused:

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats! our pup (lab/heeler cross) just turned 1 yr old. No regrets, kids all love her and already a family protector and loyal bed stealer

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My GSP is 6 yrs old now, I still have to take him out for a run every single day. Never runs out of energy. I love him, but wow for a lot of work that never ends. 2000 plus days of taking him out into the country for 4 mile runs behind the ranger.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad every thing worked out so well! I think Bailey found the perfect home.

- - - Updated - - -

My GSP is 6 yrs old now, I still have to take him out for a run every single day. Never runs out of energy. I love him, but wow for a lot of work that never ends. 2000 plus days of taking him out into the country for 4 mile runs behind the ranger.

GSP'S are extremely smart. I think the dog is trying to tell you somthing!

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks especially for sharing the photos of the pup in your home. That is just awesome!
Dan

The chocolate lab pictures remind me of our lab, Maddy...

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I should probably say this as it as it took me a couple years to figure out. There is a difference between running your dog and taking it for a walk. I used to just take my dog to a field by our house and let her run chase pheasants throw a ball. It's fun but it's next to near impossible to wear a GSP out. Not going to happen. A 20-30 min walk where you are in charge and the dog just follows is very calming and relaxing for them. I'm not saying dont run them but simple walks will mellow out a hyper dog quicker then running them.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66