Vexus Boats

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vexus, the old Ranger guard, just dropped their multi-species boat this weekend. Two models (20/22) with pictures of the 20. Looks a little cramped in the cockpit. It will be interesting to see the price point on these rigs.

orig_d71f2f587df41a9df40a948f2e0b83fe296ac8df.jpg

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
The 20 footer in the pic as optioned was about 70k if i recall. There was a sign on the boat when i watched a video of the reveal.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting, first I heard of them but by the looks they have been hyping up the company for the past year.

Sure looks similar to a Ranger. A read through the website makes it obvious they have a good marketing team. Lots of design information given. I am guessing some of the other boats in that price range have the same features and design considerations, they just don't spell it out on their websites.

The windshield looks to be better thought out for rough water. Cockpit does look very tight for a 20' boat, like its laid out for a 2-man boat.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Cockpit way too small. A ranger is bad enough with the back U and this looks even worse. I can’t stand not having room in a boat that big.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think one reason the cockpit looks so small is because they have the optional back casting deck in. If it’s like rangers, those can be removed. Use mine all the time unless trolling which is not too often

Last edited:

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think the one at the show was around $73k/74k if I remember right. The 22 ftr is supposedly going to be revealed at the NW boat show this coming weekend. Definitely similar to the Ranger 6 series which I guess you can expect. All of the Execs are former Ranger heads and supposedly 80 of the 100 or so employees are former Ranger staff. Go figure, since they're located in Flippen Arkansas. That's not a big town, its pretty obvious there plan was poach folks from Ranger. They have a few neat design ideas such as a pressurized live-well system to get rid of sloshing water and they come with pretty good features standard like air-wave pedestals, a recessed TM pedal in the bow, and a stow away boarding ladder that has a light on the dash when it's deploy'd. I couldn't tell if the rear filpp'n deck was removable from the photos I've seen. I do know it houses 8 or 10 planno's that are built into the bottom of it. They also have a different paint process that post applied after the gelcoat different from other manufactures, I'm sure it's good but time will tell. Not sure what to think about the dash. Looks like you'll be forced to flush-mount the electronics as there's no space to mount them any other way. It appears however there's enough room to flush mount a 16 incher so though. It'll be interesting to see how they perform and fish. One thing I noticed from all of the photo's of it running through the water is the spray is coming off at the windshield so it doesn't appear they'll "air-out" real well but that should help keep the bow planted the ride good, of course at the cost of speed. just my observations over the past few days.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, I think their marketing staff should be fired. Not one picture running through rough water and the interior photos and layout info sucks. 20 pictures of it running down the lake in smooth water and hardly any of the inside showing any real detail. For a big product launch like this, I'm underwhelmed with how they are showing the important part, the interior!

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure the big Fiberglass reveal & product launch was more geared towards the bass boats since it was debuted at the bass master classic. Hopping the debut of the 22 ftr at the NW show brings more detail on the DVX boats.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was all excited to see what was under the cover and when they removed it might as well have been a stripper with a dick. I'm truly disappointed. The windshield and the dash are...well they suck. At 6'4" I would be holding the wheel with my teeth to keep my hat from blowing off. On top of that who in the hell wants to be trying to look around the giant flush mounted graph trying to read the waves. And what's up with the recessed foot pedal up front? Doesn't appear to have any other function other than to steer. Forget the speed control, spot lock and heading lock.

Last edited:

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was all excited to see what was under the cover and when they removed it might as well have been a stripper with a dick. I'm truly disappointed. The windshield and the dash are...well they suck. At 6'4" I would be holding the wheel with my teeth to keep my hat from blowing off. On top of that who in the hell wants to be trying to look around the giant flush mounted graph trying to read the waves. And what's up with the recessed foot pedal up front? Doesn't appear to have any other function other than to steer. Forget the speed control, spot lock and heading lock.
This is the best description ever!! If I ever encounter a stripper with a dick again, this boat will be the first thing that pops in my mind.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the best description ever!! If I ever encounter a stripper with a dick again, this boat will be the first thing that pops in my mind.

What kind of places do you visit and let us know so we dont go there.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
yep this just got real important screw the shitty boat we need to know where not to go

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
My two cents. Remember, only part of Rangers aren't bass boats. This looks like a tall bass boat. Low windshield, foot pedal up front, small cock pit, high casting platforms. All bass boat stuff.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66