Looking for a yellow lab pup

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Starting to look for a new pup. Had a male chocolate lab before. He was a good dog. Not a great hunter, but that could be more on his owner. He was pretty hyper, almost too social. But great with kids and not an aggressive bone in his body. Rarely barked. Thinking about a yellow lab this time. Leaning toward a female, but not 100%. I like the more yellow/white color. I will not pay anything more than about $500. I know the old "you get what you pay for" adage, but it's not happening. Wife would kill me if I paid more than that! I don't care about breeding rights or papers. Never had them on my last dog. Anyone know of any litters that would be ready early to mid-April? Later is fine too. Located in West Fargo, but I'll travel if needed. Certainly would like some hunting background. I've looked at a couple of the kennels listed on some of the previous threads. Most are too spendy. Have also been checking bisman.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bisman is a good bet when you're looking in that price range. I see at least a couple lab litters on there right now.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gonna be tough to find what you want and be happy with at that price. Just the way it is now.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Meh.....price isn’t everything.

This is Rusty he was born on a ranch NE of Granville. Cost me $75
PA280005.jpg
Was an good dog for the 6 years we had him. Weighed 105lbs and blew both back knees out within 2 weeks of each other. Long story short we put him down. :(

This is Gunnar got him for a whopping $35. Got him up by Sherwood.
At 10 months old
1BA0A221-938D-444E-A892-65FD6D38B9C0.jpg
He loved being around people. Here he is contently watching the granddaughter play
69A1FB53-B05F-4F2A-9A7F-212EBD54D4FB.jpg
He also loved camping, swimming, going for a ride in the pickup plus a load of other things. I never heard him growl at anything or anyone. Never caused any trouble.
DSC01159.jpg
He was a great dog. He was 11 and after health issues we put him down also. :(
Only training they had besides myself was a 2 week introduction to guns and birds.
I’m almost guessing that any dog would/could be a great dog if you put the time and effort into socializing and training them.

Last edited:

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
PA241904.jpg

This was Whitney. She was a giveaway in the Bis. Trib. You couldn't have gotten a better hunting dog or companion for $2000. Got her at 10 months old and by eleven months she was hunting like a pro. Lived to be 16 and I haven't hunted since I lost her. Hunting without a dog like her just seems like a waste of time.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great looking dogs fellas. Tikka, I'd love a yellow/white like Gunnar. Love the looks of those type of yellow labs.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I should expand I guess. Most breeders are asking and getting more than what his budget is. If any dog will do, find whatever you want on Bisman or better yet, adopt from a shelter.

lc13

Hey, My Yellow stud just got lucky a few weeks back. Mom should have pups around the beginning of may. Not sure what the puppy's will sell for as momma is not my dog. If you are interested I will get you more info on who you would have to talk to.

Starting to look for a new pup. Had a male chocolate lab before. He was a good dog. Not a great hunter, but that could be more on his owner. He was pretty hyper, almost too social. But great with kids and not an aggressive bone in his body. Rarely barked. Thinking about a yellow lab this time. Leaning toward a female, but not 100%. I like the more yellow/white color. I will not pay anything more than about $500. I know the old "you get what you pay for" adage, but it's not happening. Wife would kill me if I paid more than that! I don't care about breeding rights or papers. Never had them on my last dog. Anyone know of any litters that would be ready early to mid-April? Later is fine too. Located in West Fargo, but I'll travel if needed. Certainly would like some hunting background. I've looked at a couple of the kennels listed on some of the previous threads. Most are too spendy. Have also been checking bisman.

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure, couldn't hurt I guess.

Hey, My Yellow stud just got lucky a few weeks back. Mom should have pups around the beginning of may. Not sure what the puppy's will sell for as momma is not my dog. If you are interested I will get you more info on who you would have to talk to.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76