Spring Pike Fishing Question

bigsky2

I am wanting to try some shore fishing for pike over here on Fort Peck next weekend. I was wondering if some of you could tell me how long the spring bite stays good on Sakakawea and other ND lakes. We had a storm last weekend with several days when the highs were around 32 degrees and got some snow also and I'm not sure if that might have pushed the fish to deeper water. I'm trying to decide between pike fishing and bear hunting, just wondering if you guys think the pike fishing will still be good in a week.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not familiar with fishing ft peck but I would think so. Water is cold so they’ll still be seeking warmer water which will be shallow. The fish are spawned out but it should still be decent fishing in my opinion. They are still biting shallow on Sak.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pike on Sak arent even completely done yet but I'd guess they are close, last friday they still had eggs and one left a pile on the bank. That being said pike bite all the time, do whatever you feel like doing. If you get a bait in the water you'll catch a pike, better yet bait one pole with a smelt and one wth a minnow and you'll catch a little bit of everything.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74