Found a transom saver

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you were fishing a smaller lake this week and lost a transom saver, send me a message.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like you have yourself a "new" transom saver! Thanks for taking the time to post....never know!

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If its just a piece of 4X4 like I have seen used for a transom saver you can keep it. Never understood how a block of wood stuck under motor would help keep weight off transom. I have the metal rod that blocks off of trailer and that makes sence.

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
If its just a piece of 4X4 like I have seen used for a transom saver you can keep it. Never understood how a block of wood stuck under motor would help keep weight off transom. I have the metal rod that blocks off of trailer and that makes sence.

The wood block is there to carry the weight of the the motor on to the motor mount and not held up (and bouncing around on) by the power trim cylinder.

and if that metal rod of yours doesn't have a shock in it you are causing more harm than good as your trailer and boat (no matter how strapped down) still flex and move independent of each other and you are putting a lot of unneeded torque on your motor and transom.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66