QAD Exodus broadhead

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thinking of getting a set of these to use for elk in sept in idaho, i have heard good things from some people, i was seeing if anyone has used them before, idaho requires a fixed blade broadhead, and i have heard that these will fly true to field points at longer distances than others on the market? anyone else noticed this?

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run the 100 gr exodus on with my obsession bow and carnivore arrows. Excellent set up. From my shooting, they fly really good with field points out to 70 yards.

ETA: A group of 5 arrows - 1 broadhead and 4 field points at 70 yards - roughly a 4" to 5" group with a slight variable cross breeze (0 to 5mph breeze). 1 fp and the bh arrow were almost touching. The other fp arrows were right around them.

They seem pretty durable. The buck I shot last year, it hit a rib going in and going out and the arrow was buried in the ground when I found it. One blade had a little ding on it.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have three in my quiver. Other two are grim reapers. I've yet to kill something with my bow but they fly nice out to 50.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every manufacturer will say their fixed blades will fly as true as field points so take that with a grain of salt. I think you can get most to fly that way with proper bow and arrow tuning.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
right which is why i did some digging and talked to a few people that recommended this one for actual field point flight out to 70-80 so i was just seeing what everyone else was noticing with them.. ive shot quite a few different broadheads in my day and this isnt one of them, i have been spoiled with mechanicals but cant use those in Udaho

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used this exact broadhead last year. It is a beast. I took two does with the same head. Both had complete pass through, with a total of two shoulders, and 4 ribs being taken out with one head. One blade had a small chip in it that I could sharpen out. Very tough head and the internal damage was massive. My only complaint was entry/exit wounds weren't huge and the blood trails weren't the red carpet treatment, but that didn't matter, both deer tipped over in sight of my tree stand. 40 yards max.

I also noticed when I shot at home, they fly dead on with my field points out to 40 yards. I don't have the space to shoot farther than that.

I would highly recommend these.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
My only complaint was entry/exit wounds weren't huge and the blood trails weren't the red carpet treatment, but that didn't matter, both deer tipped over in sight of my tree stand. 40 yards max.

About the same with my shot as well. The blood trail started picking up right before I found him - Found him about 30 yards from the shot. With that said, my shot was just a little higher than I would have liked, plus I was on the ground with an ever so slight downhill shot so he filled up before it came out the wound openings.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I got my heads and finally tested them out and they flew true to my field points out to 70 yards. Very glad I went with these heads. Hopefully I will be putting one in the cage of a bull elk this fall!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77