name this critter~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Little bastard had an attitude,here I sat on a stump minding my own business in the woods and this critter charged,snarling,growling showing its teeth,up on his hind legs.

pretty sure its a pine martin but what do you guyz think? pine.jpg

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd call him George.

And then shoot him in the face for copping an attitude with me.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: I have no experience with Pine Martins.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very cool critters, if in ND what part of the state did you see him?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i once shot one with my bb gun as a child. regret it to this day. hope he lived. but, it was right in the head. so, i have my doubts.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love watching them when they hunt for red squirrels in groups. It's pretty fascinating to watch how they use teamwork and communication to their advantage. Such a cool little critter!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
cute little guy - looks snuggly

still one of my favorite commercials of all time

- - - Updated - - -

meezer... ba ha ha ha

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Their fun to watch and sometimes try to trap, but I'm just happy none of the members of the weasel family are 100+ lbs. Humans would be just another menu item to choose from.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shoot him, but not with a .243. That will just piss him off and them snarling teeth will be dug into your ass!:whaaaa:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Their fun to watch and sometimes try to trap, but I'm just happy none of the members of the weasel family are 100+ lbs. Humans would be just another menu item to choose from.

I say the same thing about 8 ft tall chickens.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I say the same thing about 8 ft tall chickens.

8 ft? Hell, you pass out in my yard with the chickens I've got now and we may never see you again. LOL!! Feathered Mini-Velociraptors is what I call'em. They eat everything and will pick a deer rib cage down to the bones in just a day or two. I'm kinda scared of'em to be honest. One bender in the yard and that's all she wrote. Not a good way to go......Yeesh!!!!

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
8 ft? Hell, you pass out in my yard with the chickens I've got now and we may never see you again. LOL!! Feathered Mini-Velociraptors is what I call'em. They eat everything and will pick a deer rib cage down to the bones in just a day or two. I'm kinda scared of'em to be honest. One bender in the yard and that's all she wrote. Not a good way to go......Yeesh!!!!

This has been my fear more than once at your FT KDM.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
spoofy.jpgKDM,so true,came across a wolverine in AK wilst hiking a treeline bout shit myself but did'nt shoot at the time maybe still protected just like the grizz, buddy had a sheep down,we figured the critter was coming for it,same with grizz/brown bears if within ear shot of shooter its like ringing the dinner bell,they come running after the shot to clean up.

Anywho little some beech is stocking me,ran off the squrriels or better yet ate'em as he followed me to the cabin and is hanging out at my wood shed,named him "spoofy" as he can disappear with a blink of the eye.So damn quick

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have warned people many times about KDM chickens. They are cloned T-REX's in smaller version. Even the yotes give them a wide berth and he only locks them up at night to save what ever wanders into his yard.:;:muahaha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76