Tires and rims

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
​Most of my driving is on pavement, however I would really like to have a decent set of winter/snow tires. So I want to have a second set of rims. Can you get a good set of Rims fairly cheap. Any suggestions?

Shadrap65

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can try midwestoewheels.com for factory take offs, it looks like they have Ford, Chevy and Dodge. Other than that you could check some of the local tire shops for take offs. Last set of factory rims I bought was off of Ebay.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Many take-off are priced as high as aftermarket. I have had great luck with Wheelfire. I preferred calling them and having them send me an email with available wheel options in the size, backspacing, and price-point I specified. Id review options and then call them back to order.

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bisman online usually has a good selection of take offs. Usually the OEM wheels are better than a cheap set of aftermarket wheels. They usually balance up better and are stronger if towing/hauling a lot of weight on a 2500-3500 series pickup.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
2018 Chevy Silverado. Thanks guys! SDMF don't laugh I have never been on Craig's list.

1/2 ton or 3/4 ton?

Got a set for our 2016 3/4 ton from BisMan. New takes offs with tires and sensors. I took the tires off and put new snow tires on the wheels when we were in NODak. Only have a couple hundred miles on the tires and now are in the enclosed trailer. Don't use them down here.

They are Nokia Hakkapeliitta LT2 and the size is 275/70/18

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just watch out for @AaronJ's garage sales ;:;bowdown

(if you can't find a steal on almost anything on bisman, craigslist, or eBay you're not looking hard enough, ha)

Last edited:

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh yes I have to come get that bad boy! (lug nut key is en route to your other half as well)

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
​Most of my driving is on pavement, however I would really like to have a decent set of winter/snow tires. So I want to have a second set of rims. Can you get a good set of Rims fairly cheap. Any suggestions?

I hear ya! I got a new 2019 GMC and it has 22" rims (275 55's). Try finding a decent hunting/fishing tire for those. :mad:

★★★★★ Legendary Member

1/2 ton or 3/4 ton?

Got a set for our 2016 3/4 ton from BisMan. New takes offs with tires and sensors. I took the tires off and put new snow tires on the wheels when we were in NODak. Only have a couple hundred miles on the tires and now are in the enclosed trailer. Don't use them down here.

They are Nokia Hakkapeliitta LT2 and the size is 275/70/18

Hey Zog, does this help?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74