Kobe

jpv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grew up idolizing the guy. Global legend. He’s the reason I’m a diehard lakers fan. RIP Mamba, Gigi & everyone else aboard the helicopter.

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
We heard it on the radio this afternoon. I looked at my wife and said, “I wonder what he knew about Hillary Clinton...”

...too soon.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Crazy. It's a reminder how quickly your loved ones can be taken away. Live and love your family like it's your last day because one day it will be yours and theirs and you just never know when. The families of 9 people found that out to be devastatingly true yesterday. People left to mourn the loss of spouses, fathers, siblings, and probably worst of all...children. Very sad deal all around.

Like some of you, I grew up watching him play ball. I don't know the guy but in a strange way you almost feel like you did when you've been watching him for 20 years. From what I've been reading since yesterday morning it seems like half the world feels that way.

Last edited:

watson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sad deal. I've never watched much NBA but was still a little stunned when I heard the news. Goes to show that no matter who you are when your time is up your time is up.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel for all the families involved, but there has already been more media, makeshift memorials etc.. than when the helicopter serving our country went down in Bagdad and 31 died. He was a hero to many, (not me) and certainly not to the family of the 19 year old woman he raped in Colorado in 2003

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
People always say we don't memorialize troops that die enough.

I agree but it's because you don't know them. You don't know their names. Everyone knows the name Kobe Bryant. Not saying right or wrong just saying that's why.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel for all the families involved, but there has already been more media, makeshift memorials etc.. than when the helicopter serving our country went down in Bagdad and 31 died. He was a hero to many, (not me) and certainly not to the family of the 19 year old woman he raped in Colorado in 2003

He was convicted of that?

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
People always say we don't memorialize troops that die enough.

I agree but it's because you don't know them. You don't know their names. Everyone knows the name Kobe Bryant. Not saying right or wrong just saying that's why.

Similar to when Prince, Elvis, Steve Irwin, Stevie Ray Vaughan, MLK Jr., (pick your worldwide-known individual) died. I think there is just a shock factor involved with someone like that, and they are beloved by many who don't know them personally, right or wrong.

I just feel so bad for kids left behind without parents regardless of the circumstances or how close to home it hits.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member

He never was. They dropped the sexual assault charge as well as the false imprisonment charge. Girl got $2.5 mil and his wife got a $4 mil 8 carat ring...

3tt3v

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Media treating this like a national tragedy. Its unfortunate for sure, but this was a guy that threw a ball through a hoop for a living, not exactly a pillar of our civilization. What were the names of everyone else involved? Doesnt get mentioned much. Sounds like they were flying against travel recommendations, in near 0 visibility. Another case of playing stupid games...

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
He was an outstanding athlete who changed the way the game was played. Not a big NBA guy, but he was gifted. It made me sick last night thinking about it. How the families just lost their loved ones, especially the children, when they were expected to be at the gym in 20min.

I do believe that it is nothing short of "Pathetic" that their isn't a whole lot mentioned about the other passengers in the media. A husband, wife & their daughter were aboard that helicopter also. Their children lost both of their parents and sister. It was a tragedy, not because it was Kobe, but because it was was children and primary care-providers for families....

Let's not forget the SD plane crash down by Chamberlain,SD that was a few months ago. That accident took the lives of 9 people which were family, killing 3 generations of family members (grandpa, father & grandson).

We're lucky if the media even recognizes the "larger" aircraft fatalities of our military personnel. And those happen weekly oversea's!!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right or wrong, people who are famous will always get more attention in instances like this, and there have been few bigger worldwide stars in the last 20 years than Kobe. These people always get way more attention when they do anything wrong as well, so it goes both ways.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
As sad as this is for folks that idealized kobe,this episode stands out in my mind as well rapping this young gal in vail colorado thats about all I know about him the bball player,never watched him or any of the nba

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76