Harbor Freight ICON vs Snapon

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been reading up on these icon tools made by Harbor Frieght and their comparison to Snapon quality tools at a fraction of the price. I have used snapon tools which dont get me wrong are pretty to look at as well as very smooth ratchet when you are tightening up a bolt where others can take a quarter of a turn to catch the next cog in the sprocket, the snap on is like you are tightening up the bolt with your fingers. Very smooth tools over and super easy to clean up unlike the more traditional style tools that are less expensive.
I guess there is other companies that make good tools as well like tekton which still makes tools here in the USA. So what are your thoughts and what tools to you care to use

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
As much wrenching I do these days Harbor Freight is good enough for me.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually those cheaper tools are fine until you put the 3’ cheater on em

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
The old saying "you get what you pay for" applies here. Wrenches and ratchets of high quality are worth the price if you are using them to make a living. Snap on wrenches won't spread when high torque is applied unlike some of the "cheaper" brands. A wrench that spreads results in rounded fasteners or parts this making a bigger head ache. Ratchets the gears in threads tend to strip or break on cheaper brands. 95% of my tools are snap on for this reason

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66