Pronghorn Drawing held

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unsuccessful for me with 1 pt
Unsuccessful for my son with 5 pts.

The kid turns 18 this fall and has never drawn a antelope tag. Next year he will be off at college and most likely won't have the time or money to come back to hunt if he was to get drawn for a tag. With the lack of being drawn for tags for both deer and antelope its pretty hard to keep him or any of today's kids interested in hunting.

Last edited:

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
8 points - bought the point this year to get it up to 9 points - no time to chase speed goats this year with an elk/wolf combo hunt in Idaho this September and we drew our mule deer buck tags for ND -
That burned up my 2 weeks vacation time for this fall.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
shows i have 7 now. so, assume i went in with 6 unless its not updated yet. either way, no dice. 1D i think.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
4C - 2 points and got a successful draw! I think we had 6 points last time.

I know some bitch about our ND lottery system but I'm not sure what else they want. There's a limited number of tags and way more demand than availability. I feel like our the lottery is about as fair as it gets. Whats your solution? And for those that want to complain about it being hard to keep youth interested in hunting, There's all kinds of opportunity to hunt game that aren't lottery tags, hell I'd rather chase roosters over the dog than most anything else; couple that with the fact that you can, dare I say it, put in for a "doe" tag which you will almost always draw within a year or two! But then again in today's world of I want the best, I want it now, and I don't want to wait because it's the me first world these days. Maybe I'm old school, but there's more to the hunt than just bagging a trophy buck and if people can't just enjoy the hunt if it doesn't have horns, well it tells me where our sport is headed. Frankly, we have way bigger issues in keeping youth involved than the lottery system; I can name some major ones that will shape our future; gun control and land access. Maybe we should work on those because without a long term solution, I don't care how they dole out tags as it won't matter. Sorry for the tangent, some of things just strike a nerve with me, carry on.....................

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
For you folks that got 4A tags I hope you know someone or have an in . The antelope are on private and most that let hunters will have a waiting list . Hunted it with a friend last year 3 days never saw many antelope on public or plots or unposted .

- - - Updated - - -

It’s a fairly easy draw for a reason

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unsuccessful with 5 points. I really thought I would draw this year but got my dreams crushed again.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
4C - 2 points and got a successful draw! I think we had 6 points last time.

I know some bitch about our ND lottery system but I'm not sure what else they want. There's a limited number of tags and way more demand than availability. I feel like our the lottery is about as fair as it gets. Whats your solution? And for those that want to complain about it being hard to keep youth interested in hunting, There's all kinds of opportunity to hunt game that aren't lottery tags, hell I'd rather chase roosters over the dog than most anything else; couple that with the fact that you can, dare I say it, put in for a "doe" tag which you will almost always draw within a year or two! But then again in today's world of I want the best, I want it now, and I don't want to wait because it's the me first world these days. Maybe I'm old school, but there's more to the hunt than just bagging a trophy buck and if people can't just enjoy the hunt if it doesn't have horns, well it tells me where our sport is headed. Frankly, we have way bigger issues in keeping youth involved than the lottery system; I can name some major ones that will shape our future; gun control and land access. Maybe we should work on those because without a long term solution, I don't care how they dole out tags as it won't matter. Sorry for the tangent, some of things just strike a nerve with me, carry on.....................

I assume your rant was aimed at me so just to let you know he has been ending up with a doe tag every year. At 17, hell at any age it's hard to have the same excitement going into a hunt with a doe tag in your pocket than it is with a buck tag.

Do you put in for a doe tag first choice ? If your answer is no why then why not? If it is as you say about the hunt then you should practice what you preach and " enjoy the hunt" and only hunt does.

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Dad got his 4A with 6pts. I forgot to put us in together;:;banghead I also had 6pts.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75