Ozonics

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So buddy and I were talking about ozonics the other day I myself think it is a gimmick( have never tried it so can't say for sure) and will continue to hunt my stands only when the wind permits me to. My buddy on the other hand says he thinks it will work and could hunt the stand no matter wind direction with it. So with that was just wondering if anyone has personal experience with it and what's everyone's thoughts about ozonics.

Mr Nice

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was also a skeptic until I was lucky enough to win one. First night out I became a believer after a doe and fawns bedded 15 yards downwind of me. Have had several similar occurrences since.

Big Rax

Founding Member
Founding Member
They do work but not 100% of the time. I would still use the wind in my favor. I found the more deer you have around the more likely one will wind you. It's just another tool in the tool box to put the odds in your favor. I certainly wouldn't hunt a stand knowing the deer would be upwind of me anytime.

Mr Nice

Founding Member
Founding Member
You are correct still need to hunt smart but it does help to tip the odds in your favor.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am headed to Iowa this fall and my friend (who is also the guide) told me not to buy all the scents and calls. He told me the one thing he suggests is the Ozonics. I guess he is sold on them, but I think he has a friend on the prostaff or some such thing.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
They do work but not 100% of the time. I would still use the wind in my favor. I found the more deer you have around the more likely one will wind you. It's just another tool in the tool box to put the odds in your favor. I certainly wouldn't hunt a stand knowing the deer would be upwind of me anytime.

i would say this is spot on from my experience. It allows you to hunt with marginal wind. I've had a lot of deer, both bucks and does come in straight downwind with the ozonics, however you still get the older, smarter deer that get nervous and sometimes stay just out of range; theydont bust you, but know something is up. If you can get just the slighest crosswind, then ozonics are golden. Lets me hunt a lot more days on winds i couldnt hunt without it

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the replies and thanks for the link 7mag I must have missed that thread

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been using one for about 4 years, it helps. But only if you follow a vigorous scent elimination regiment. If you think you can just go out in your street clothes and turn it on you'll be in trouble.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57