Christmas gift

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
A Christmas Story never, ever gets old. A movie about a grade school kid who obsesses daily - for months - about getting a gun for Christmas - it’s the story of my life. I had a toy gun as a kid and it was my obsession. Then it disappeared and I never knew where. At some point I got a 2nd identical gun from Grandma and that too disappeared eventually. Again, I never knew where. Literally several years of my childhood obsessing over a toy gun to play out my heroic fantasies. (It was a lever action identical to the Red Ryder but without the projectile.) This might explain my decades-long obsession with owning ALL the cool guns as an adult. Maybe this Christmas I’ll confront Ma and Pa Wetter about what happened to my gun(s) as a kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Now let's hijack this: I want a single stack Glock.

It really is a game changer. The Glock 48 with the Shield Arms 15rd mags is like carrying a thinner G19. It weighs only 2-3 oz less then the G19 but the thinner footprint is noticeable. Unfortunately the Shield Arms mags are virtually unattainable right now, fetching $100/ea on the secondary market.

For what it’s worth, I definitely shoot the 19 better but the 48 is a lot easier to carry. I say this because when you look at the two on paper they seem extremely similar but the differences are significant once you actually carry and shoot each.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^^^That's way more advanced than I'll ever be. I want a 1911 feel with all the Glock shit.

bilbo

Honored Member
Kind of on this subject I saw orbeez guns at Wally World the other day. We wore out the ones we had and could never find more. So much better than nerf as you don’t have to go collecting darts and the little pellets dry out and get sucked up in the vacuum. Begging Ms. Clausbto extend the Christmas budget for a few of them.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
So with the ammo in short supply and high priced I wanted to pick up BB/pellet pistol that I could shoot in the basement or garage for fun. I ended up getting the beeman P17 pump up pellet pistol cause I didnt want to mess with Co2 cartridges. I have to say I was very impressed with the accuracy considering it was only $35. Any way while shopping for this I was amazed to see that they make some very nice looking bb gun clones nowdays that look exactly like a real gun. The ones I seen were sig sauer, Shield, and glock clones. Anyone have some of these and how do you like them?

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - It really is a game changer. The Glock 48 with the Shield Arms 15rd mags is like carrying a thinner G19. It weighs only 2-3 oz less then the G19 but the thinner footprint is noticeable. Unfortunately the Shield Arms mags are virtually unattainable right now, fetching $100/ea on the secondary market.

For what it’s worth, I definitely shoot the 19 better but the 48 is a lot easier to carry. I say this because when you look at the two on paper they seem extremely similar but the differences are significant once you actually carry and shoot each.[/QUOTE]

i go between a 48 and a 43 and there is even a big difference in feel between them... the 48 feels huge for a day or 2 after wearing the 43 in a holster for a bit...

fwiw, the 43 is a great warm weather pocket gun...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My original daisy pump air rifle still sits in my gun safe amongst the rest of my arsenal, but will likely never be shot again.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
My original daisy pump air rifle still sits in my gun safe amongst the rest of my arsenal, but will likely never be shot again.

The Daisy Powerline 880 with the black and white diamond on the forestock. Nice. I wonder what happened to mine..?

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ah. the Christmas story...ah yes indeed. Remember the day I got my fist BB gun, a daisy of course, don't remember the model, just the one where you unscrew end of barrel and full it with bb's....ah the wonder years....shot a lot of sparrows with that dang thing...yeah, we were rough on the sparrows and barn swallows back in the day. Think I eventually broke it. I really wanted the Crossman pump 760

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Still have both my model 25 pump and red ryder from my youth. Both work but could use some tender care. Have the model 300 scope for the ryder plus the medal target that will ding when one hits the bulls eye. Been some time since i pulled the trigger on them.

Some of my greatest memories were after supper, in the winter, taking the red ryder out the kitchen door, the cats would come running. They knew it was out to the old horse barn, flash light, up stairs and shooting sparrows. Winter coat was thick so a lot of times it would only knock the bird off the rail but then the cats would spring in action. Maybe around 10 yo 20 birds each time. Beat the hell for fun out of goose or duck hunting. Some of those kills with the cats i remember like it happen yesterday but only 60 years ago.

After putting hay up there could get closer but cats could not work as well so would wait until hay was getting down so could shoot from floor. Getting old and starting to live on memories.

I to had a Roy Rogers double holster cap guns with all the thrills on the holster including his name in shinning medal that disappear but i thing it just wore out. However i found the same one on ebay with the Roy guns but they were not gold in color like mine were back then. Close enough. db

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Remember doing the barn thing many times, Once our momma cat had a litter of half grown kittens and she put the birds in piles around the hay loft and then went and got the kittens for the feast. A whole lot to growling going on when the kittens got there. LB

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes lbrandt they love to growl with the meat in their mouth at the other cats. Only the biggest and meanest made it.

One time i took my grand kids up to the loft where i knew a mother had her little ones. So i told the grandkids how to make a noise like the mother cat when she was calling the kittens. All 3 made the noise and then the kittens started calling out for mother in their hiding places in the hay. Kids were amaze as was grandpa. Never forget. Great growing up on the farm.

But i also as a young kid learn what the tom cat did when it came around and found the kittens. Little tuff. I had dad kill one of our own tom cat thinking it was the one but it was not. Something finish off the rest of the kittens later. Dog found that tom cat about a week later and had it up in a tree. Dad kill and that tom must of weight 40 pounds as i had a hard time picking it up. He was tuff on the mother cats also. Life lessons were learn well on the farm with animals. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80