Already Started MY Trapping Season!!!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a critter digging holes around the foundation of my shop so I decided to kick off my trapping season. I used a 1.5 Victor long spring in front of the most heavily used entrance. I didn't think I needed to cross stake the trap, so I just used a single 18 inch rebar stake and covered the set with plywood. He was a sneaky one as I had 2 dry snaps, but some set modification and better trap bedding his fate was sealed. He's not quite in prime, but a better than average pelt with good color should bring some interest if I decide to put him up. Not sure if I have the correct stretcher, but I'll find something suitable I think. It feels good to have my first catch under my belt for the 2015 season. Full Traps Everyone and lets be safe out there on the line!!!

DSC00984.jpg

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice catch!Those bastards are kicking my ass. I get piles in the yard almost every morning. Haven't gotten the spring trap to score yet. Poison obviously hasn't fazed them. Those buzzers worked for awhile until they got used to them. My best luck was while washing the river mud off my kayak I unknowingly flooded a occupied hole and out he came, got the underside of my foot. Seems like they multiplied since then. I was definitely surprised how big they are.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a hard time using poison. The damn chickens seem to find everything in the yard that even "Mildly Resembles Food" and it's GONE. If a chicken gets into a covered trap, at least I can have a bowl of chicken soup at the end of the day. I just thought is was pretty funny that my first catch of the year ends up being..........this!!!!! LOL!!

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well done sir! Started my season with some nuisance coons that moved into a building at the farm. Big old sow and 5 youngins. You still plan on going to carrington?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't make it!!! I have to go help the landowner that lets my daughter deer hunt on his land harvest his crop. Some things a guys JUST has to do!! The trapping will have to wait this time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75