Missouri River Catfish Clash Results

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or at least most of them. Cat fishing has really caught on over here in the past few years as well. I believe they filled up every tourney this summer. :;:thumbsup
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Were they all channel catfish or were there any blues or flatheads?

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow took damn near 7 pound average to win! When we caught cats in Sak they were always like 1.5-2 lbs

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow took damn near 7 pound average to win! When we caught cats in Sak they were always like 1.5-2 lbs

Yep that's for sure. That lake has a huge population of cats under 10 inches. We have seen them before when ice fishing. Looks like a carpet of small catfish. Drilled over 50 yards in each direction and still didn't get out of them. They wouldn't even look at a bait though. I imagine when feeding they clear out quite the area.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brian-Would you happen to know if they are all caught from boat or shore? Which one has the advantage? I know I can't catch a catfish to save me life...like I told you, went out for 2 hours yesterday and got squat, I have a feeling fish don't like me....lol..

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Brian-Would you happen to know if they are all caught from boat or shore? Which one has the advantage? I know I can't catch a catfish to save me life...like I told you, went out for 2 hours yesterday and got squat, I have a feeling fish don't like me....lol..

Well the parking area was quite the zoo with trailers and what-not I'm told. That's a tough area to fish from shore.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are some nice fish. They are great smoked too. Bigj used to smoke cats and they were delicious.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are some nice fish. They are great smoked too. Bigj used to smoke cats and they were delicious.

I tried it once and need a new game plan for my next effort. I was new to the whole smoking thing and I think I had a picture of a smoked trout in my head so I just gutted and cut the head off and smoked it that way. Next time I think I will at least fillet it and lay them in the smoker that way to give the smoke more of a chance and let more moisture out. Have had great luck with pike and white bass though. Frying up cats with walleye is darn good as well just a little bit different texture. I to take a cat headed, gutted and skinned, score the sides with a knife, then bread it up and fry whole. The little bones will cook out leaving just the backbone and whatever is attached to it.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big j where are u? We need your smoked catfish recipe.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67