ND Antelope draw

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, its not complete yet.

I called the GnF office today to ask when their tentative draw date was. Lady said they didn't have one and that the apps were due on the 5th of Aug and it usually takes about a month. Antelope bow starts Sept 4th! She said maybe by the end of August possibly but it takes a few weeks to key in apps and do the drawing. So you may potentially draw antelope and your tag isn't in the mail yet to legally hunt them by the opener?

Why is this such a problem with our GnF office? Why can't these surveys be completed sooner and the draw happen quicker? I drew a tag last year and found out the week before season started. I had to re-arrange my whole fall around that ordeal. I'm very grateful I drew that tag but it really messed up a whole ton of other plans I had with other people.

When is the over-haul gonna happen down at that office?

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't consider that scenario. That would put me in a level of anger where I might be dangerous to those around me.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
iffen i draw, i will be auctioning it off to whichever one of my grandmother's puts in the highest bid. at this point, it would be hard for me to find time at the last minute to. in all honesty, i knew that when i applied with an august 5th deadline. but, you are reverend wright on the issue of holding the drawing earlier.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That iffen word is sooo dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's funny how SD and MT season has already started and ND don't even know who has a tag yet. Get with the damn program ND. You're a day late and a dollar short on every season

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is really quite unacceptable. Season is two weeks away. For effs sake put in some OT and get this shit done already. They have to be sick of fielding calls all day from people asking when the drawing will be (and respectfully so, I think every single person who hunts along with their grandmother should call the ndgf to ask what is taking so long). This hee haw golly gee approach of big game liscensing in North Dakota needs to be changed.

Last edited:

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sent an email to one of the administrative assistants at the office as well. I will let you know his reply and see if it jives with yours PS.

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I do get drawn for some reason I need to let my relatives know to not let anyone hunt for cripes sake. The chance of me drawing one of the 60 tags isn't good though

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_iconpng-1.jpg
Originally Posted by Enslow

- - - Updated - - -

you're so dumb

You'll have to post it twice if you're trying to keep up with Enslow on the insults.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have antelope in ND?!?! If I'd known that I would've put in for a tag when I submitted my pronghorn application.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have antelope in ND?!?! If I'd known that I would've put in for a tag when I submitted my pronghorn application.

YES! On Standing Rock. Tags say ANTELOPE, they are also ANTELOPE in SD. So YES ANTELOPE tags are sold and used in ND wiseguy!!

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really think ND should consider a point buy like other western states have. maybe it wouldn't be utilized by enough people?. . . at any rate It may help relieve some of the conjestion if you will with those who do and don't get drawn. I hunt a harder to draw unit and I am fine waiting 5-8 years to draw. I would rather just buy a point than do the whole money shuffle deal I do now. plus I don't even want to draw on years when my points are low because I assume I wont draw therefore I don't make any decisive plans to hunt. I think there are enough people out there who may not want to hunt one year but would rather accumulate a point but have to apply to the lottery to do so and end up drawing a tag. meanwhile theres plenty getting turned down that may have wanted to hunt. this would give better odds to those who do wish to hunt that year. I understand there are far more that want to hunt than don't but this may help with the tag issue by having X-amount of people who would rather sit out a year or two but still want to get points. they could even make it 10-20 dollars to buy a point and the GNF could actually make money instead of having to pay it all back to all those who don't get drawn

LiebelsGuide

Founding Member
Founding Member
No, its not complete yet.

I called the GnF office today to ask when their tentative draw date was. Lady said they didn't have one and that the apps were due on the 5th of Aug and it usually takes about a month. Antelope bow starts Sept 4th! She said maybe by the end of August possibly but it takes a few weeks to key in apps and do the drawing. So you may potentially draw antelope and your tag isn't in the mail yet to legally hunt them by the opener?

Why is this such a problem with our GnF office? Why can't these surveys be completed sooner and the draw happen quicker? I drew a tag last year and found out the week before season started. I had to re-arrange my whole fall around that ordeal. I'm very grateful I drew that tag but it really messed up a whole ton of other plans I had with other people.

When is the over-haul gonna happen down at that office?

Usually a month? The deer apps were due June 3rd and we found out results on July 31st! I'm not even sure how long the Big 2 lottery took...

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think NDGF is getting annoyed by my email inquiries for lotteries. That's fine by me considering they should get the process done faster. I received a response a few minutes ago. This is what the email contained from Dale at NDGF.

"Again, no guarantees but yes, we are targeting the end of this week."

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's really ridiculous. I'm keeping that first week of October open in hopes that I draw a tag, but I'm going to be seriously ticked off if I don't. that's kind of the doldrums of the hunting season. Ducks won't be migrating and NR's will be shooting all the locals. Deer aren't chasing yet so bowhunting is slow. Pheasant isn't open.

I would really like to bowhunt for them, but I wasn't going to keep that first week of Sept. open just to find out 1 week before. Let's hope 4 points is enough!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67