Jig molds

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone in Bismarck pour their own jigs? Need some poured and I don't have any more leeway with the wife on hobbies. I'll buy the mold and compensate you for your time and lead.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
How much you want? I bought 40 lbs a few years ago. Way more than I will ever use.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, 3/8 oz jigs x 200 jigs x how much I spill on myself= I have no idea. If you want to see the hamster wheel cease, lay a math question in front of me.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're only talking about 4.6875 lbs of lead @ $1 per lb, a $40 mold, $3 worth of hooks, and time. $48 worth of materials for 200 jigs comes out to 24 cents a jig. You can buy jigs for 20-25 cents a jig at most online stores if you look for the sales. You may be better off just ordering EXACTLY what you want for jigs and go fishing. If you are talking 2000 jigs, then pouring your own is a better option.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only planned on running 200 for right now. Over time, I would hit an excessive amount of jigs. I get what your saying though and I'd do that if I could find the unpainted jig anywhere. The painted ones go for $1.50 a jig at most places.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make sure and use VMC hooks if you can find them. By far they are the best hook out there. I poured a bunch of short shanked hooks about 3 years ago with pops and have since switched to long shanked. I would like to make a bunch of those but, havent had the time so i bought A bunch last year.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, 3/8 oz jigs x 200 jigs x how much I spill on myself= I have no idea. If you want to see the hamster wheel cease, lay a math question in front of me.

Tell you what, if you want, I can drop the stuff off early next week and you can use what you need. You decide it's worth, and you can trade me some of those fancy schmansy lures you paint up, now or a year from now, whenever you get time. Deal?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tell you what, if you want, I can drop the stuff off early next week and you can use what you need. You decide it's worth, and you can trade me some of those fancy schmansy lures you paint up, now or a year from now, whenever you get time. Deal?

Deal. thanks Ghost.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice. You have a line on lead?

What type of head are you looking for? Ive got several and about a ton of lead.... I started collecting when I heard the EPA is going after wheel weights and pretty much have quit now, I cant imagine ever needing as much as I have. Ive got 3 55gal barrels full of unmelted weights and about 100 6lb bars poured also.

- - - Updated - - -

I use Matsuo hooks, they are cheap and very sharp.

http://www.barlowstackle.com/Matzuo-Fishing-Hooks-C265.aspx

I also have a lot of powder paint I bought bulk from Columbia paints.... I just need to start fishing more now to use some of the jigs I have made!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to make my own jigs but i already have to many roosters in the cluckhouse.

- - - Updated - - -

Or hens in the chickenhouse... Hows that saying go?

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to make my own jigs but i already have to many roosters in the cluckhouse.

- - - Updated - - -

Or hens in the chickenhouse... Hows that saying go?

I think it is hoes in da bedroom

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Picked up the mold, hooks, and bait holders last night. Now just waiting for lead pot, lead, and free time.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dirty, what pot did you get? If you are interested in getting together sometime and making/painting a few jigs just let me know. You can try out some of my powders if you want...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to borrow Ghost's pot for right now. I've looked at all of them pretty closely. Each have their drawbacks. The hot pot II is smaller but I like the fact that I don't need a ladle and it's not going to leak on me. I think you have to use pretty clean lead though.

We're not making jigs in the rape shed are we?

- - - Updated - - -

white powder?

Ever made 1500 jigs in an hour?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 163
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 131
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92