What is the biggest Walleye you have ever caught?

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Caught an 8lb walter once, back in my younger days. Was too broke to mount it so i gave her back to the lake.
Next monster goes on the wall.

Attachments

DSC04074.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched my dad reel in a 12 lb 11 oz monster. Also, over the years, have watched many friends reel in 8-10 lb fish. I'm sitting at a personal best of 6 lbs. Always the bridesmaid I guess.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched my dad reel in a 12 lb 11 oz monster. Also, over the years, have watched many friends reel in 8-10 lb fish. I'm sitting at a personal best of 6 lbs. Always the bridesmaid I guess.

Lol

- - - Updated - - -

8lbs on the nose. Caught a few I thought might Crack that mark but have always been a few (or several) ounces short. I'm holding out for a 10 to go on the wall

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
We are going to have to go on some big walter hunts ... I usually fall into the, catch my limit, train of thought. Going after those big ones takes more tact and patience I think.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
My new PB was this pretty girl 28 3/8" Had to include the 3/8" cause my partner caught a 28 1/4 the same day :)

IMG_1407.jpg

Did not hang her off the scale....

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
9 and some change for me.........Did catch a 6-2 Smallmouth though that was truly a hawg!

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
My longest was 32" but it was during the skinny years on sakakawea so she only went 8.5lbs, my heaviest was 10.5lbs but she was only 27" long.

Also a quick reminder I mount fish part time now so if you guys get a pig this spring I'd be happy to do it for you, I can have them done in less than 3 months.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just shy of 9lbs at 30" - we were targeting northerns at the time with herring on a treble hook. Surprised to see the walleye on the hook.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't want to post this, in fear of making everybody else feel inadequate about their catch but........I'm sure you've all seen that beast that's hanging out on main in Garrison down by the park by the ole Dairy Queen......Ya, that was me......It was a helluva day let me tell ya. My arms are still sore from fighting that thing years and years ago. I was gunna clean it and fill out 10 freezers with fillets, but I thought I better let the town have it and put it on display. That darn fish drug me all over, from the embankment to clear over to indian hills before it gave up. I couldn't get it in the boat so I had to load the boat up and then drag it up on shore, oofda what a gong show that was. :cool:

Attachments

reagan deer.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't want to post this, in fear of making everybody else feel inadequate about their catch but........I'm sure you've all seen that beast that's hanging out on main in Garrison down by the park by the ole Dairy Queen......Ya, that was me......It was a helluva day let me tell ya. My arms are still sore from fighting that thing years and years ago. I was gunna clean it and fill out 10 freezers with fillets, but I thought I better let the town have it and put it on display. That darn fish drug me all over, from the embankment to clear over to indian hills before it gave up. I couldn't get it in the boat so I had to load the boat up and then drag it up on shore, oofda what a gong show that was. :cool:

I got the one in mille lacs!

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am far from a hardcore walleye fisherman but I have been very lucky. I have managed 5 over 10 pounds in the Canadian side of the Red River and Lake Winnipeg. Last fall I worked the US side of the Red hard and finally got a 30" 10 pound on the nose. I was fishing alone that time. What a rush and there is a couple of photos even.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am far from a hardcore walleye fisherman but I have been very lucky. I have managed 5 over 10 pounds in the Canadian side of the Red River and Lake Winnipeg. Last fall I worked the US side of the Red hard and finally got a 30" 10 pound on the nose. I was fishing alone that time. What a rush and there is a couple of photos even.

Well??

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76