Golfers

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have to say I golf about 2-3 times per golf season, and really enjoy it when I do. It is usually a work related event so its like getting paid to goof off.
I however have noticed that most fisherman don't golf, and most golfers don't fish. What I mean is a guy either spends his non work time doing one or the other, and it seems as though when a guy is a golfer and this is also his weekend activity, they tend to look down the noses at us fisherman.

2 scrambles this year and both times the guys (different at each), ask wouldn't you much rather be doing this than wasting a day in a boat fishing. My response of course is, no I would rather be in the boat, they laugh and tell me its because I suck at golf. haha fricken snobby jerks.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with you juan. I golf maybe half a dozen times a year and they are usually for scrambles. My first time out this year, I hit a 79 and thought, well shit I should start focusing on this. I hit a 90 the next time and stuff the clubs in the attic.

There is a tournament this weekend that I'm going to but I'm just helping with it. Anyone interested in bringing your own team to Center's Square Butte Creek Golf Course this Saturday for the Pheasants Forever Tournament, call Marie at 794-3623 or show up at the course for registration at 11 a.m. I think the Mrs. is running the beer cart and I'm managing a game or two.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha!!

Yep - exact same experiences here. You can't do both enough if you like em both IMO. One of the two will eventually win you over.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, golfers are knuckle-dragging neanderthals. :;:smokin

- - - Updated - - -

And when they do fish they hold the reel upside down... While trolling. Yeesh.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I was single, I did both because I had a stupid amount of free time. Now my precious free time goes toward fishing because it has been so darn good. I have a bag full of nice Callaways collecting dust in the garage.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha!!

Yep - exact same experiences here. You can't do both enough if you like em both IMO. One of the two will eventually win you over.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, golfers are knuckle-dragging neanderthals. :;:smokin

- - - Updated - - -

And when they do fish they hold the reel upside down... While trolling. Yeesh.

poor bastards. must be rough going through life like that

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also, when golfers start any ridicule I ask them if their hobby provides them with very good table fare.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose I need to chime in here. First, you will notice my name. Golf reference you could say. Second, I worked in the golf industry for years and actually am a PGA member. I love to hunt, fish and golf. I have never looked down my nose at anyone that enjoys the outdoors. If you hunt, fish or golf I would rather have you as a friend than an enemy. But I can surely say in each of the three arenas of hunting, fishing and golf there are people that look down there noses or jerks. They are in all walks of life, but I will say, in my 10+ years in the golf industry, and this is a game I love, there are more snobby jerks in that game than every Kardashion/Kanye birthday party combined.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

just, why?

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
golf apparel, so hot right now

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
knuckle dragging you know me well guywhonamespeople I golf 3 times a week and fish at least once a week.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I agree, there are some big jackholes in the fishing arena too. Just try to strike up a conversation with a guy at the fish cleaning station in the Beulah area, about the luck that he had that day...worst cleaning station in the state right there, guy was even mean towards my then 5 year old son...haha
#fishingpricksexisttoo

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite time though, was when I was working at a golf club in Las Vegas. The water hazards had been stocked with some largemouth. I would play during my off time and bring the tackle and rod with me. Would play 9, then catch 3-5lb'ers all afternoon. We eventually started a golf tournament that was 9 holes with fishing. You were allowed a 20 minute fishing period, and whatever your biggest fish weighed, we subtracted that weight from your 9 hole score. Pretty fun event. Mix the two up.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
We got into a jam here at work I basically spent every evening for 7 months here(did take 2 holidays off) that was about 4 years ago and I haven't golfed since. If I get free time I go fishing as much as possible. I always liked golf and miss it sometimes but it is one of those games I feel the need to play every day. At least hit the range. I really hate to suck at golf. My oldest boy is getting about to the age though that I'm going to need to suck it up and pick the clubs up again so I can teach him.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
at any given time there's a half dozen goof balls dressed like a gay pride parade on Edgewood. I don't get the golf "fashion"

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on my High School golf team for 3 years, was kept outta the 4th year because of injury, And after I graduated a couple years ago I realized that I would rather spent my free time sitting on a rock or boat seat that go golfing. Just got to the point where golfing was of no enjoyment anymore and I kinda gave up on it. I have played 3 rounds since I graduated 2 springs ago.

On the topic of people looking down on fishermen I haven't seen it much. It might be because I never play in a tournament and only golf with the same group of people I fish with if I do decide to play some wack-fuck

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to golf 6 days a week and then had an elbow and wrist injury that forced me to stop golf and so I bought a boat and became a fishing fanatic. That was probably 10 years ago. This year I started doing some playing again and am getting back into it, and I've noticed that now I've been doing less fishing.

I do think it's one or the other, because there is really not time to dedicate to both if you're serious about either. To be good at golf or fishing you either need to be on the course several times per week or in the boat keeping up with the patterns.

I don't like to do anything half-ass!!!

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favorite time though, was when I was working at a golf club in Las Vegas. The water hazards had been stocked with some largemouth. I would play during my off time and bring the tackle and rod with me. Would play 9, then catch 3-5lb'ers all afternoon. We eventually started a golf tournament that was 9 holes with fishing. You were allowed a 20 minute fishing period, and whatever your biggest fish weighed, we subtracted that weight from your 9 hole score. Pretty fun event. Mix the two up.

Now that's my kinda recreation!

dazed_livin_black_shirt.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was on my High School golf team for 3 years, was kept outta the 4th year because of injury, And after I graduated a couple years ago I realized that I would rather spent my free time sitting on a rock or boat seat that go golfing. Just got to the point where golfing was of no enjoyment anymore and I kinda gave up on it. I have played 3 rounds since I graduated 2 springs ago.

On the topic of people looking down on fishermen I haven't seen it much. It might be because I never play in a tournament and only golf with the same group of people I fish with if I do decide to play some wack-fuck

I lol'd

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67