Raising, releasing sharpies?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
so, the hybrid video reminded me that i've been meaning to post this for a while. since pheasants are so damn stupid and not exactly suited for my neck of the woods, i've been contemplating raising and releasing sharptail chicks for quite a while now. problem... it doesn't look like anyone sells them. can't find adults. can't find chicks. can't find eggs. my understanding is that the chicks can pretty much take care of themselves at a very young age in the wild. however, for some reason or other, they are supposedly hard as hell to raise in captivity. anyone have any insight on this? thanks.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried the ol' google as well and couldn't find a thing. I found one guy who raises ruffed grouse and he sounded like unless you turn your huge backyard into a forest you're screwed. I was glad to see good numbers of sharpies while I was out an about yesterday and wondered about raising them as well.

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's a bunch of sharpies out west. Get a big catch net and trap them so to say and put in a cage and bring home. Legal? Prolly not but you could start the first sharpie farm ever!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74