Scope on Air Rifle

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a cheaper Gamo break-barrel spring action air rifle with a scope. It shoots fine and the scope seems to be pretty good for the money. However, it seems to go off aim quite often. The scope seems tight. Any suggestions to keep the scope on aim?

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're shooting from a rest, the vibrations from a springer rifle can throw you off a lot. Those vibrations shake scopes apart as well, but the gun should have come with a scope built for the multi-direction vibration. A final option is buying a Hawke or Leapers scope made for air rifles. There are a number of stores on the web that sell them.

bigcatpike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Norske is right. Springers produce vibrations that can and will shake scopes apart. It would be best if you bought a dedicated air rifle scope that is specifically is built for the vibrations. I bet pyramydair.com would have some scopes suitable for the job.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another vibration caused problem is the scope mount. If you have one of those 1000fps air guns, that dovetail mount may not be adequate. Air gun stores also sell a dovetail clamp block that is put behind the clamp-type mount most air gun scopes use. They are cheap, and may help.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would pay a premium for a 22 LR with either wax or rubber bullet Anyone know if anyone makes them ? Or a box of old time 22 shorts might be ok, Something that wouldn't shoot through a 2x6 . Only has to shoot good enough to hit a pigeon at 100 feet . When I was a kid there was 3 choices at the hardware store short ,long or long rifle.

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
they still make all three and are all available again finally! If you cannot find what you want just send me a message and I will sell you .22 shells for what I paid at walmart.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks 58201, First I have looked online at ammo in quite a while , Things are looking better. Do you know of any 22 shorts on the shelves around GF ? I have never ordered ammo online but I'm about too if I can't find any on the shelves .

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
cabelas had quite a bit a couple of weeks ago when I was in there. I think they limit you to 1 box per person but they had a lot to choose from.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67