Minnow storage at home

lostinnd

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am thinking about building a tank setup in my garage to keep minnows over the fall and winter. The garage is unheated so I am thinking it will have to be insulated well. Anyone have tips on how to keep say a couple hundred alive for a while? I was thinking about starting with an old cooler and going from there adding aerators etc.

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never messed around with more then keeping several dozen going at a time , I do believe iceshanty has quite a bit of info on keeping quantities of minnows some of those guy's are fanatical about it

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use an old 96 quart cooler and an aeration in an unfinished basement. put the cooler near a sump pump hole and drain it when ever needed and fill with fresh well water. works for me. Had probably 500 in it for awhile until I started giving them to some buddies that needed some.

Have done this for the last 3 winters and it works alright. I ordered a bigger aerator on amazon to go along with a frabil that I had and it works good

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
102 gallon stock tank from TSC on sale $75. Put a new filter in my 55 gallon tank inside so put the old one out here. Easy peasy lemon squeasy. image.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86