Farming...How's it going for everyone?

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was out helping with seeding in the SW part of the State this past weekend. She is plenty wet that's for sure. Buried one tractor/disc rig, really have to be careful not to overload sprayers and drills. We picked up 0.25 on Sat/Sun. We could go a month without moisture and I'd be okay with that. Over all we are way ahead of last year so that is good. Wish these cold nights would end too.

The State has flip-flopped! Dry in the east and wet in the SW...crazy. You guys in the northern tiers of counties are my heroes, not sure how you do it every year in the wet.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmmmm, not sure if reading this correctly. Southwest, wet, wet southwest.......Doesn't seem real. I'm up around Minot and when I think southwest I think of something like a whole new state.

Attachments

20200313_170745.jpg 20200322_143821.jpg 20200322_144008.jpg

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Pretty good scenario around Minot imo. My family farms east of Minot. Moisture is okay, but after spring planting we will need a shot of rain.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmmmm, not sure if reading this correctly. Southwest, wet, wet southwest.......Doesn't seem real. I'm up around Minot and when I think southwest I think of something like a whole new state.

I know right? We've talked to the old guys who have been farming Hettinger/Adams Counties for 75 years and not a one has any recollection of it ever being this wet.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty good scenario around Minot imo. My family farms east of Minot. Moisture is okay, but after spring planting we will need a shot of rain.

The only reason we welcomed the 0.25 we got was because we had the floaters come out the day before putting down urea...that worked out good. We had to pull one of them out too.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Central ND is not to wet n not to dry. Almost perfect seeding for conditions. Although u still have the watch out for the occasional wet spots, like the one with cattails I almost didn't make it through the other day:confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Central ND is not to wet n not to dry. Almost perfect seeding for conditions. Although u still have the watch out for the occasional wet spots, like the one with cattails I almost didn't make it through the other day:confused:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Wet.............

Seeding is just starting up here, along the border
north of Minot, flower ground, corn ground, other stuff is wet. We are a one inch rain away from another year of crap.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope you guys have some sort of program. This seems to come up every couple years. Y'all seem OK. I've never seen an implement beating the piss out of a pond.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope you guys have some sort of program. This seems to come up every couple years. Y'all seem OK. I've never seen an implement beating the piss out of a pond.

Then you've never seen the beach cleaners/weed puller-outers on MN lakes/ponds.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76