She's hunting and mice

Long Range Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've started to do alot of shed hunting in the last several years and this year I've noticed them damn mice seem to be getting to the sheds before me, every shed this year seems to have some sort of chewing going on where a guy usually breaks one or two sheds by the time he gets back to the pickup.for how small the bite marks are I assume they are mice. image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Damn auto correct

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Probably mice. Can't really tell from the photo, some may be more than last years? Usually you don't have much of a problem with mice if you get them in Feb and March. After that they're going to be found by the mice.

Long Range Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is just a one day trip, I haven't taken a picture of the bad ones, but here's a two year shed that has some mass, there is an old mil behind it

Attachments

image.jpg

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a cool shed. I have one similar. Ya that's mice, any animal can chew on them though for the minerals.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't rule out squirrels. Most any rodent and/or canine will chew on antlers for the calcium and other minerals they contain. I have a gadjillion squirrels where I shed hunt and it's rare to find one without teeth marks on'em. It's frustrating as all get out too.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80