MN Twins

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody else watching what this team is doing right now? What Sano is doing? It is just awesome. I know they are still overachieving but they are playing inspired right now. I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment but I'm getting in line for playoff tickets.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i will be the first to admit and eat crow they are doing alot better than i thought and good on them for over achieving.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's fun to watch right now, that's for sure... It's seems like it has been a while since we've seen meaningful baseball out of them into September. Sano is an absolute monster, hope they can hold on to these young guys for a while. Unfortunately I think they are going to fall just short of that 2nd wild card but hope I'm wrong

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a dyed in the wool Twins fan. It is so fun to have them still relevant this late in the year. I don't know how long they can keep it up with their pitching staff though. Something like ten of the last 12 games less than five innings from the starter. But yet they have won the of the last 12. Crazy.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a dyed in the wool Twins fan. It is so fun to have them still relevant this late in the year. I don't know how long they can keep it up with their pitching staff though. Something like ten of the last 12 games less than five innings from the starter. But yet they have won the of the last 12. Crazy.

We need Hughes back dearly. He is an innings eater.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love it when small market teams can compete. Especially the Twins, since they seem to be run like a homeless shelter. Sano seems to be making a highlight reel with a monster blast every game. I know the Rangers picked up some mercenaries but I can't the Twins won't put up a fight. Nothing like the pain you feel when you fall one game short.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love it when small market teams can compete. Especially the Twins, since they seem to be run like a homeless shelter. Sano seems to be making a highlight reel with a monster blast every game. I know the Rangers picked up some mercenaries but I can't the Twins won't put up a fight. Nothing like the pain you feel when you fall one game short.

If we miss the playoffs, that is actually ok. They were supposed to be bottom dwellers this year so this is all bonus baseball. The future looks really, really bright. They are going to be contenders for the next few years.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
My RedSox have been done since May. I've quietly been rooting for whomever plays the yankees. And it's kind of nice to see the cubbies rolling.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member

a homeless shelter with oodles of money they don't spend, tho they seem to be getting a bit better about it.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
the Jays look tough...their line-up top to bottom is solid, and their pitching ain't too shabby either....they will be a formidable opponent come October…

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
the Jays look tough...their line-up top to bottom is solid, and their pitching ain't too shabby either....they will be a formidable opponent come October…

No kidding. They stacked up really well. I'm predicting a Jays/Cards world series.

Dad

Founding Member
Founding Member
They look like roster from major league. Sano big guy with vodo doll, buxton is willie mays. Old guy molitor as manager (Lou), dozier (jake) and hunter two veterans keeping team going. Suzuki is Asian crazy. I not sure who is wild thing....maybe mays on mound? Hughes is old pitcher Harris.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, that home-stand was pretty disastrous. Still a few games to play but I'm not getting my hopes up....for this year. Next year though, this team is going to be a contender. Really liking the possible rotation of Duffey, Berrios, Gibson, Hughes, Santana. The outfield may be as good of defensive unit as any in the MLB with Bux, Rosario and Hicks and Escobar may finally be the answer at SS. Also, let it Sano!

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate to say this but i was good with paying mauer big money to be a catcher and hit .330 with 10 dingers and 70 rbi, but as a first baseman i expect little baby jesus mauer to do more for his money. 23 million to a guy hitting 266 with 9 dings and 64 rbi is ludacris.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate to say this but i was good with paying mauer big money to be a catcher and hit .330 with 10 dingers and 70 rbi, but as a first baseman i expect little baby jesus mauer to do more for his money. 23 million to a guy hitting 266 with 9 dings and 64 rbi is ludacris.

I think they should move him back to catcher and put Sano at first. Suzuki isn't awful but he can't throw anyone out. He's caught like two base stealers all year.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Growing up being a fan of all sports in Minnesota I have learned not to get my hopes up. Even if they are playing good.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they should move him back to catcher and put Sano at first. Suzuki isn't awful but he can't throw anyone out. He's caught like two base stealers all year.

Not a bad idea - if he burns up, oh well he's not doing us much good at 1st anyway. If he won't do it, cut him. I'm guessing we'd still be on the hook for his contract though. No one would take him in a trade to be a 1st baseman - .260 and 10 HR is entry-level stuff at first base. Just sucks that we're paying about 25% of the team's payroll for about 5% of the production.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep. Baseball contracts are all guaranteed money. So for better or worse, he's part of the plan.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
We need Hughes back dearly. He is an innings eater.

See what happens; he's back tomorrow night. Hope for 4 or 5 innings out of him if we are lucky!! And more innings later. Not sure they can make up the two games with 12 to go but that's why we watch 'em.

- - - Updated - - -

12-5 against the yanks this year. Yankee killers but their fans will say it ain't over til its over.....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62