2nd Deer Lottery

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
How long does it take NDGF to complete the second drawing? End of next week?

I want to know if I got a flat top tag. Now! :)

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would think most people that apply for the leftover doe tags would get drawn and not denied. When you think of 50,000 people that were denied first choice that 2,000 or so doe tags would go quick, but that usually isn't the case.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most people arent going to make a special trip to the sw part of the state for a doe. If doe tags were available in their home units im sure they would go quick.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most people arent going to make a special trip to the sw part of the state for a doe. If doe tags were available in their home units im sure they would go quick.

That's exactly why we didn't apply for the 2nd drawing. One of the units that has left over tags, we know exactly where we could go and fill the tag(s), we decided it wasn't worth the time or money to go there for a doe or two.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was going to apply, cuz I missed the deadline for the first lottery, but there is a stupid rule that you cant apply unless you applied first lottery.....

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Put in for one of the extra doe tags, even though if I do get one I'll only have a day or two to hunt before I leave for MT to try and fill my elk and deer tag.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's exactly why we didn't apply for the 2nd drawing. One of the units that has left over tags, we know exactly where we could go and fill the tag(s), we decided it wasn't worth the time or money to go there for a doe or two.

That is silly. Hunting is about comaradarie and getting out of the house. And you could have applied for unit right next to Bismarck. I guess weather it has horns or not I like to be proactive and hunt in ND. Who knows, maybe I'll get denied and this will be my first year without a rifle deer tag in ND.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
And wearing as much orange as humanly possible...

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is silly. Hunting is about comaradarie and getting out of the house. And you could have applied for unit right next to Bismarck. I guess weather it has horns or not I like to be proactive and hunt in ND. Who knows, maybe I'll get denied and this will be my first year without a rifle deer tag in ND.

True J, and we did think about those closer units but decided to spend the time for bow hunting instead.

I would rather spend the time and money pursuing the archery side of hunting.

Last edited:

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
True J, and we did think about those closer units but decided to spend the time for bow hunting instead.

I would rather spend the time and money pursuing the archery side of hunting.

Sorry I blew up. Next time breakfast at Denny's is on me. ;)

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
The drawing is set to be done the end of next week. Just an FYI for all those flat top hunters like myself.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75