Rolling Plains Sportsmans Club

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just wanted to put this out there for those of you that enjoy using the RPSC shooting range, whether it be for trap, rifle or pistol usage, this is important.

The Rolling Plains Sportsmans Club is under attack. Some individuals, who apparently are not too bright, (I say this because they built homes downrange of a rifle range that has been in use for the better part of 30 years) are trying to get the club shutdown.

The Club has been more than accommodating for these individuals, the first time a concern was raised we implemented a range officer system and did our best to appease the concerns of these folks. No shooting of rifles or pistols unless a club chosen range officer is present. PERIOD. This was not good enough for these individuals, so we started looking into building "no blue sky" shooting containments. We are currently working on obtaining and implementing the "no blue sky" shooting containments.

Still, this is not good enough for these people. They have even gone so far as to call the police and tell them that people are shooting at them from the range. This is simply not true and a police investigation has proven it.

These people are obviously willing to do whatever it takes to shut down the club if they are willing to lie to police about people shooting at them.

I guess the reason I'm writing this post is because we need support. If you are a member of the club or if you enjoy coming to Stanley for the trap shoots, we need your help. There is a Club meeting Monday 9/7/2015 at 8 pm where the next steps for the club will be discussed.
If this club gets shut down because of the incompetence of these folks, it will not only have an effect on the members of the club. It will also negatively effect a lot of the youth in the area.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is sad to hear, if it's like Minots club they do a lot with the youth. I know Minot has been implementing a plan for when this happens.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
The best of luck to your club if it ends up in a courtroom. Plan now for a possible relocation. Maybe an invitation to those homowners to join your club first year free would help. Push a youth and a women's program to increase membership numbers.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76