Chuck Roast in the Smokey Joe EnerQ

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doing a chuck roast for some pulled beef for the first cook on the Weber Smokey Joe with an EnerQ midsection making it a Mini WSM. Set the coals up snake method with some cherry chunks for smoke.

-----

Onions, carrots and garlic cloves getting some cherry smoke for making ChefJimmyJ's Au Jus.

-----

Tatonka Dust seasoned chuck roast over the onions, carrots and garlic cloves.

-----

[FONT=&quot]and it is holding temp like a champ!

Thanks for looking![/FONT]

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks good. is chuck roast a pretty good cut for pulled beef? ive thought about that before but haven't pulled the trigger myself and tried it.

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
looks good. is chuck roast a pretty good cut for pulled beef? ive thought about that before but haven't pulled the trigger myself and tried it.

Chuck roast is excellent for pulled beef, I would rather have it than pulled pork any day!

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
When the chuck roast hit an internal temp of 140º it was set in the au jus, foil covered and brought to an internal temp of 205º, this was a 9 1/2 hour cook.

-----

-----

Took the chuck roast out of the au jus and wrapped it in foil and towels for a few hour cooler rest and the au jus was refrigerated to chill to scrap the fatty juices off the top. After a few hour rest the chuck roast was sliced open and then pulled.

-----

[FONT=&quot]

Should make for some delicious meals and sandwiches![/FONT]

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love pulled beef and that looks great. I just sear my chuckroasts on the grill and then put them in the crock pot with homemade beef bullion then pull.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69