SO who is getting ready??

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't been sharpie hunting in a few years, and have a camping trip planned for the second weekend of the season. Can't wait! The dog's are raring to go, and I'm looking forward to finding a few of those fun little plump rockets to take a crack at.

Looks like the GF just released their brood surveys and numbers are about the same as last year. While I was hoping or better news, I have my fingers crossed I can still find a couple coveys in the old haunts from years gone by.

Positive not is that Huns are way up. Now way up from not a lot is still not a lot, but those are always a joy to stumble across.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i cant wait for opening day. nothing like early season sharpies.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
too fun not to hunt and I like liver. nothing wrong with fresh sharp-tail. I agree not very good after they are frozen or shot during pheasant season.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going for the first time since I was a kid. Have found a few around so hoping I can get the dog some action.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be out bright and early on Saturday. Oh wait, make that around 10 AM, not only am I going to have a few brews on Friday, but grouse are sure to be in the small grain stubble until a couple hours past sunrise. No need to chase them until they get into the cover so my dog can get some work in.

Should be fun!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well out driving through the hills these past weeks I just haven't seen vary many at all. Totally anecdotal but so far it's the lowest I've seen in years.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are too many beans to see the grouse right now dean. Using the word anecdotal makes you sound dumb. K bye.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Liver. Liver is like early season sharpies.

If you overcook sharpies they for sure taste like liver. If you cook them fresh and medium rare to medium at most they taste very good actually, remind me a lot like dove. If you freeze them it doesn't matter how you cook them because they taste like crap!!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
took a limit of huns and a grouse in an hour this morning. little hot for the dog lol

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are too many beans to see the grouse right now dean. Using the word anecdotal makes you sound dumb. K bye.

Sort of like a guy saying they are hiding in the beens when most of the good ground for them where I am there isn't a bean field for miles. And if you need I can get you a thesaurus if that'll help. Or ifen i shoulds jus talks liks thil ifn it maks yu's feels better!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will say I saw a lot of beans, not much crp I guess round up ready beans is good for old crp land and I figured out the orange line around plots means it is mostly cropland. did manage to shoot a few sharptails. Dog could have done without the heat

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still waiting from Captain thesaurus about how the term I used "anecdotal" is used wrong in combination with the topic at hand i n this sentence? I mean sure it has more than two syllables I'm sure that might confuse him a bit but I'm still waiting for the real answer!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still waiting from Captain thesaurus about how the term I used "anecdotal" is used wrong in combination with the topic at hand i n this sentence? I mean sure it has more than two syllables I'm sure that might confuse him a bit but I'm still waiting for the real answer!

I don't mean to insinuate myself into this contest, but you're right Deen, "anecdotal" is multi-syllabic.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
dean - enslow is an equal opportunity leprechaun - September 9th was simply your day in the rotation

- - - Updated - - -

lep·re·chaun
ˈleprəˌkän,-ˌkôn/
noun
noun: leprechaun; plural noun: leprechauns

• (in Irish folklore) a small, mischievous sprite.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe he was the guy I saw this weekend who was bitching about having not seen a single bird! I started laughing and he couldn't figure out why. So I point out a haybale he walked within a few feet of the had three sitting on top of it and they never moved when he went by!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57