New: Eskimo EVO Crossover Shelters

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
As usual the choice for shelters gets harder (a good thing?)

Here are a couple friends of mine introducing Eskimo's new "crossovers"

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need a new shelter. My frabill predator is too heavy for me.

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want to get a new shelter for this season (selling my Otter Wild if anyone is interested).

This is interesting.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
52 and 85 lbs respectively... hmmm.

and not insulated - that will add more weight when those models come out

insulation is non-negotiable for me these days - so much warmer (and just as importantly quieter in the wind)

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Additional Features

Self-tapping ice anchors that are easier to grip and will not bend under pressure

High-wind poles for added strength would have to see this to believe it( big difference between MN wind and ND wind)

Oversized side doors for getting in and out of your shelter without stepping over your holes- great idea

Extra large windows for increased visibility outside the shelter – meh ?!?

Unique shape adds stability in high wind and allows venting system to keep warm air lowersame as above

Large 2-man tub with 10" walls gives you plenty of room to store your additional gear – I like this idea

Double-walled hinge provides a sturdier structure in windy conditions

Mesh storage pockets help to keep your essential fishing gear handy

YKK® zippers are included on every Eskimo shelter

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that's a darn good idea. Won't be buying one of the first ones, but I wouldn't mind fishing with someone who does :;:howdy

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say a rather worthless video, it shows your buddies talking about the shelters but really could have done that in a written paragraph.
Next time they make a video, maybe they could actually record more than the two of them telling us what these hot new shelters do, and give a demonstration of what they do, set up, tear down, etc.

I give this video a thumbs down.

#guysbuddiesneedactingtips

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say a rather worthless video, it shows your buddies talking about the shelters but really could have done that in a written paragraph.
Next time they make a video, maybe they could actually record more than the two of them telling us what these hot new shelters do, and give a demonstration of what they do, set up, tear down, etc.

Johnr, I believe u need to make up a home video clip and send it in to Eskimo
How would u direct this video and who would be your actors.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I think martinslanding nailed it, but in addition the hot chicks would be setting it up, showing the features...(of the fish house too), and all relevant aspects of the new house.

If you want to buy my car, will you just take my word for it, or are you going to want to see it, etc.

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might pick one of these up this season. Biggest thing that caught my eye was "Fishable area: 19.5 sq. ft." That is a lot of space for a 1 man. I get a little claustrophobic in my old Genz Fish Trap lite. Listed at $330 on Eskimo's site though, you can pick up a Wide One inferno for around $350 so it might be a hard decision.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in the market for a new shelter too. I wanted to downsize from my x2 since the damn thing is so heavy.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I get a new hub house it is going to be an Eskimo. I like my clam but I think the zippers are better on the Eskimo and the inside of the house has a dark lining over light better for a make shift spear house the few times I go.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
got the eskimo last year and it is better than the clam pop i have. Zippers and hubs are both a big improvement.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

It's a product introduction commercial - looks to me like one shot late last winter with pre-builds that maybe weren't fully functioning.

It doesn't seem to have been promoted as a full demo video. At least not by me.

Those two are true "salt of the earth" guys constantly doing cancer, veteran, education fishing events. They give more than they get.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for them and wouldn't have posted the video had I known it was going to result in their video being criticized. I hope they don't frequent this site. :(

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67