Fall coyotes

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
When dose everyone start putting up fur in the fall. I shot one the other day but didn't bother getting out of the pickup to go check it out. I have seen some decent looking dogs come October but never looked at much before then.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a set of cousins(brothers) that don't keep anything until after December. And they hit the near 500 mark every year on yotes. I'm sure you could keep em after the first good snow or a couple of hard freezes.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I figure with the $ even blue skinned yotes are bringing might as well try and get a few a little earlier than I normally do.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snow and cold weather don't prime up a animal. Its the amount of light that primes them up.

- - - Updated - - -

Snow and cold weather don't prime up a animal. Its the amount of light that primes them up.

KiYi

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fur doesn't get good until late Oct. or early Nov. but I start in Oct. because it is very fun.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not arguing with you wby. But a couple hours of daylight loss typically occurs with the colder it gets. Then you're arguing semantics.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Light and elevation are the two biggest factors involved in primeness. Early coyotes are great ones to practice your put up with. Better to work the bugs out on an early blue one than a prime one.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get out of the truck you lazy bum!!!!! If you don't want to mess with it, bring it to my place. I'll skin it and get some experience with put up. I don't plan on starting until October sometime chasing the things.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get out of the truck you lazy bum!!!!! If you don't want to mess with it, bring it to my place. I'll skin it and get some experience with put up. I don't plan on starting until October sometime chasing the things.

U dont want nothing to do with that I shot it with the 300. It might of been a bit messy.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know I like "dead", but are you sure you had enough gun for a coyote??? They're tough critters ya know.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
DirtyMike, do your cousins happen to be boilermakers? If they are the two guys I'm thinking of, I can assure you they are keeping coyotes long before December.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say the gun did it's job I got to see a nice red mist flying threw the air at impact.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last night in my stand I had a coyote right behind me. When I started to move to stick him he busted me. I could not believe his coat tho. Looked like a winter yote.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
DirtyMike, do your cousins happen to be boilermakers? If they are the two guys I'm thinking of, I can assure you they are keeping coyotes long before December.

They are. Maybe I just got bad information or misheard. Goes to show you what I know about coyote hunting.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
DirtyMike, them two are coyote killing machines. The best coyotes of the year will come mid November to mid December, but I start putting them up in October. A good colored early coyote is still worth good money the last few years.

thriller1, the pups are going to look very nice right now, they might be a little thin but the color is usually really good.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
DirtyMike, them two are coyote killing machines. The best coyotes of the year will come mid November to mid December, but I start putting them up in October. A good colored early coyote is still worth good money the last few years.

They are amazing. I don't know what kind of training I would have to do just to keep up with them let alone make the shots they do.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a ton of 75 grain pills for coyotes this winter. Kill kill kill

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
wanting to try some yote on the Barbie this year.

Anyone have a good recipe?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79