Badlands Bowhunting

PAIN

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone make it out West the first week of the season? I got in a few hours on Monday and Tuesday. Saw lots of deer both days. No bruisers spotted, but then again I didn't have a ton of time behind the glass either. Was successful in my first botched stalk of the season so at least I got that out the way. Excited to get back there in a couple of weeks.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
i'm taking some vacation the end of the month and beginning of october. hoping to get down there and camp somewhere for 4 or 5 days and look for one to stick. Also gonna try to do some spotting in 3b1 as i drew my once in a lifetime muledeer buck tag. :p

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Headed out there September 24th for a few days of hunting. My brother is going to get the first crack at it since he doesn't get a lot of time to hunt.

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been out there a few times so far. Lots of does and small bucks which is good to see, but have only come across 1 big one so far.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
new legislation states anyone residing in any cities east of the missouri river will no longer be able to hunt the ND badlands, excluding a select region between the lake and highway 83 corridor but excluding minot. If you bring someone from said areas there is a 3000 dollar two day permit that may be attained as long as one resident is from west of the missouri river sections, though a 24 hr cool down period and training program will take up one of your two days. In this training you will learn that not all mule deer are 30" wide and that even though there are forks and brow tines it is not a 10 point, but a 4x4 with brows/eye guards. A 150" is not trophy class and is similar to a 120 whitetail. You will also learn not to brag about your big muley and say it is a 180" plus deer because you hold it out in front of you or sit behind it in the picture yet say you have never had it scored.
Please enjoy your new legislation, the gnf is sorry that this was brought up so late and hope it won't infringe on anyones plans this coming year. They were far to busy entering 9000 paper copies into the computer system to put a proper press release out, and vow to get better on these types of announcements in the future. Please send two day permit checks to me and i will make sure you get the proper license and training.

- - - Updated - - -

if i need to add one of those smiley winky guy holding a sign for this post you probably shouldn't be hunting in the first place

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm assuming Bismarck is annexed as west of the Missouri River. If not, I'll count my hometown which is west. Loopholes.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
only private land in the Killdeer mountains is available to east river hunters, and bismarck only counts if you spent more than 18 years of your life west of there.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going of my place of birth not my fault my parents brought me east when I was little.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going of my place of birth not my fault my parents brought me east when I was little.

yep - anchor baby deal - you're in

congrats! :;:smokin

- - - Updated - - -

only private land in the Killdeer mountains is available to east river hunters, and bismarck only counts if you spent more than 18 years of your life west of there.
:;:rockit

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
section 14.1-2 states 1.anchor babies have some exclusive rights not to exceed pushing draws or glassing for real west river hunters.
2.All AB's will have a draw system set up and do qualify for hunting at a reduced rate but must prove that they are A. not a democrat and B. Never been a resident of MN or WI C. still have a certain amount of west riverness to them( a simple 790am or 550am poll will determine this)other subsections will be discussed at a person to person level

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Western ND is happy to have you easterners out here, come shoot our deer, pheasant, etc. Please bring your own beverages, and stay in your pickups/campers, pack your own food, and then leave your wrappers/empties in our ditches, then take the few women we have back east with ya, shoot up our road signs, maybe start some grass fires, rut up our section lines, leave the gates open, trespass, poach, and then give us the finger on your way out....haha.

Does that sound grumpy enough, signed; johnr the angry former easterner...

#easternsonsabitches
#hateeveryonesouthofmetoo
#oldmanwithangerissues

In all honest there are not deer or pheasant in western ND, head to the Linton area.

Mr Nice

Founding Member
Founding Member
If we can't prove the birthplace of our president, good luck proving mine��

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spending 5 days in the very near future chasing mulies and sharpies. Cannot fergin wait. I just hopes my schevy does not take a schitt again.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put a few anchor babies out here.
Take that east river...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107