Maple / Sheyenne dam blocked off?

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone know when this got blocked off? There is a chain fence across the road with no trespassing signs. I thought that was a county road road into the dam with easements around that were fishable. I figured it was only a matter of time with all the idiots down there. I always tried to pick up garbage when I fished down there, but could never keep up. 1 less spot now.;:;banghead

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
:( sign of the times

- - - Updated - - -

so they won't even let you walk in?

That would have eliminated 90% of the a$$hats as they are extremely lazy. Walmart bags full of angling worms and pre-tied snelled hooks are too heavy for a$$hats to carry more than 50 yds.

GSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I could see walking in would not be allowed. There are posts from the outer edges of the ditch all the way across with no trespassing signs. I agree with you that making the walk in would deter 90% of asshatery......

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
if it's a section line and hasn't been officially closed by the county go on in

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
if it's a section line and hasn't been officially closed by the county go on in

I believe this is the legal answer. Unless the signs have signatures or some such by the Sheriff. There are codes and ordinances that allow for the Sheriff to act in such instances in the interests of public safety. I'd definitely check prior to headin' down there.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
"the county" put lots of those yellow flexible marker posts and signs across access roads at Ditch 10 to prevent vehicle access where ditch 10 goes into the Red north of Fargo

so I am guessing this is part of a trend - I wonder who at the county decided this was necessary to block access at local fishing holes and why?

maybe local landowners just couldn't take the trash any longer - I don't blame them

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 56