Vikings game

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Preparing a nacho spread with the homemade salsa I made yesterday and fresh ground Elk, have a Yeti full of ice cold Busch lights, and mrs johnr is out of town. Anyone wants to join in a Viking watching, eventual victory party, I wont be having one, as I was told I couldn't...haha

Go Vikings.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a Niners fan but am not too hopeful tonight. I think we are a 5-11 team this year. That was taking into account a split with St. Louis on the year. After yesterday I might have to say we are a 4-12 team because we will lose to St. Louis twice.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
wear rubber gloves when handling the hot peppers. We grew habaneros and they will burn for a couple days on your finger tips if not careful.

Also try to de-seed your tomatoes makes for a better looking and tasting salsa.
I do not follow a recipe, its whatever tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc. that made it in the garden. Plus I put cilantro and garlic in ours, which I buy rather than grow.

I am a fan of heat, however those jars sometimes somehow get hotter as they sit on the shelf in our root cellar, so remember to save one for the in-laws at Christmas time...haha good luck

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
wear rubber gloves when handling the hot peppers. We grew habaneros and they will burn for a couple days on your finger tips if not careful.

Also try to de-seed your tomatoes makes for a better looking and tasting salsa.
I do not follow a recipe, its whatever tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc. that made it in the garden. Plus I put cilantro and garlic in ours, which I buy rather than grow.

I am a fan of heat, however those jars sometimes somehow get hotter as they sit on the shelf in our root cellar, so remember to save one for the in-laws at Christmas time...haha, good luck

Gloves for sure as leftover capsaicin on the ol fingers will make for some interesting comments from the Mrs during warmups (no pun intended) for bedroom gymnastics later in the evening. However, if you are displaced out of state oilfield trash like me and you are used to the phrase "oh, that burns" then carry on. :;:smokin

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rubber gloves, check. I have some serrano peppers that will peel the paint off the wall.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rubber gloves, check. I have some serrano peppers that will peel the paint off the wall.

I sampled serranos by mistake about 20 years. Ate fresh off the plant thinking they were jalapenos. Did not take long to grasp how much hotter they are than a jalapeno.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Both games have been pretty exciting thus far. Too bad that 5 am wake up call has to happen.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm gonna roll outa bed around 9am, hit the office at 10, nap at noon, then a round in south heart at 2.
Lots of mistakes both sides so far

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to stay up and watch the game then take off to the wheat field for one last early season hunt.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm gonna roll outa bed around 9am, hit the office at 10, nap at noon, then a round in south heart at 2.
Lots of mistakes both sides so far

You must work for the nd dot or be an insurance salesman.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I miss Chucky color commenting. I like Chris Berman, but he's more of an anchor than a game caller. Game seems sloppy on both sides.

DJE

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same here watch the game small nap then off to set decs for the last time for a bit. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67