Meat question

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
So last night, I went out for a management hunt. Hit a doe as she was jumping across some drift wood along the side of the Red. I watched her for a bit and thought she had expired after about 20 min. I got out of the stand (there was a tree between where she fell down and my stand to cover my exit). I stepped out and pulled the binos up. She was staring at me. Tried to sneak away, but that didnt work. She got up and ran. Decided to back out.

Found her this morning at about 7:30. Something had chewed on her ass pretty good. Was finally able to process her at about 9:30. So my question. I shot her last night at about 7:15. It was about 72 degrees when I left. It was 60-65 when I found her this morning. I was able to cut the front quarters and backstraps and a portion of 1 of the rear leg for meat. I keep questioning if the meat is good though?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Smell it. If it smells sour or has any sort of "bowel" odor, it's bad. If it looks good and smells good, you're fine.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
If nothing would of chewed on her I would have no problem eating the meat. I would have a hard time eating it after. It probably doesn't have anything wrong with it. If your going to eat it I would make it into sausage and make sure it is cooked all the way.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74