Musky follow on the figure 8

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still cannot get my video to post under the video section. Says "Could not parse media URL", anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Anyway, here is a musky follow on the 8 from over this past weekend. Almost had it....just bit a little short.

<span style="color: rgb(62, 62, 62); line-height: 15.99px;">

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
What crankbait is that?

I haven't run for muskies in 10yrs. My cousin called last week and asked if I could show him the ropes. So, we're going to New Johns on Sunday and Monday since the weather remains nice.

I landed a 49-inch 30lb pure muskellunge in 2005 on a Bomber Long A. He sure shredded the back two treble hooks and the paint job!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it looks like fun. I am thinking this would be a blast. I like to bring home some table fare though, and that makes me a non mushky fisherman.

Good video, thanks for posting.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
What crankbait is that?

I haven't run for muskies in 10yrs. My cousin called last week and asked if I could show him the ropes. So, we're going to New Johns on Sunday and Monday since the weather remains nice.

I landed a 49-inch 30lb pure muskellunge in 2005 on a Bomber Long A. He sure shredded the back two treble hooks and the paint job!

By chance, was that Bomber Long A, an off-white, orange belly, black back? One black dot on either side?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like fun. I have yet to catch one mabey some year I will head east and give it a try.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
By chance, was that Bomber Long A, an off-white, orange belly, black back? One black dot on either side?

Can't remember, it's been 10yrs since I used it. I believe it was a black back, with gold/orange on the sides (shaded in) and a white belly. Seems pretty close to what you're describing.

I wasn't specifically looking for muskie. I just rounded an island and trolling in 6-8FOW for walleye until this monster took it for a marathon run. Twice it came completely out of the water, flopping side to side in the air like a swordfish, and ran at-will as I could get it near the boat. Yup, talk about an adrenaline rush!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like you pinched her with a hook on the slow mo. Cool Vid!!!

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like things were going great until you slowed down,thats common when skis get a lot of pressure,anglers get excited when they see the big girl coming in and slow the retrieve,muskies like to attack and speed is your best offense.If you have that spot marked try it after the sun goes down with top water,she'll be there,that is a rush you won't forget.Some of the best musky fishing comes at night these days on heavily fished lakes.

monster ski.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74