favorite ice rod locker holder

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seen that to for 149$ but I was looking at some posts on using hard shell case for rifles. Anyone make their own design and would like to share their idea?

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
I settled on a hard shell AR case. Biggest I could find for my 42" lake Winnipeg rods, also had pre cut foam to fit around the rods for a tight fit. Holds everything from bouncing when traveling across the big lake. Just thinking about it gets me excited for greenbacks...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I settled on a hard shell AR case. Biggest I could find for my 42" lake Winnipeg rods, also had pre cut foam to fit around the rods for a tight fit. Holds everything from bouncing when traveling across the big lake. Just thinking about it gets me excited for greenbacks...

Thanks for the post do you have a pictures you would like to share.

- - - Updated - - -

I use the otter case works good.

The otter is OK but really isn't enough room for other tackle.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like my clam rod locker. Holds 6 or maybe more rods and can also fit a few tip ups in there as well the additional small pockets can also be sufficient if you plan on packing super light. About $60.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like my clam rod locker. Holds 6 or maybe more rods and can also fit a few tip ups in there as well the additional small pockets can also be sufficient if you plan on packing super light.

I have a soft side Angler that holds 3 setups but I have to break down the reels for better placing in the bag. I would like to be able to just set the rod in the case, anyone have the Lakewood case?

- - - Updated - - -

I will post one this weekend, it is in the attic.

Cool looking forward to the pics

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
nope. Scheels case. I have a back lag that all the tackle goes in. I should get a bigger AR case since my longer setups ride on the dash from December to March.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
nope. Scheels case. I have a back lag that all the tackle goes in. I should get a bigger AR case since my longer setups ride on the dash from December to March.

Lol that is exactly what I do too keeps the ice melted. It still sucks when trying to pull everything off the dash and putting in a 5 gallon pail then a person has to be careful not break a tip.

50845.png

77$

Last edited:

Rustywaterdogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the otter case and really like it. If I put them in just right I can get 6 combos in it but usually just have 4.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an Otter and Outdoor Inovations case. The otter is great for my panfish and ND walleye rods. The Outdoor Innovatiions case is great for my greenback setups. It can also hold 3 or 4 Plano boxes (I think size 3400).

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an outdoor innovations case too. It hauls all my rods and tackle. On the down side, it is the size of a garden shed. So I can't give Enslow grief about his big fat Otter case anymore

1Bigdog

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use an arrow case. It works great for my shorter rods and it was cheap. I think it was around $30

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an outdoor innovations case too. It hauls all my rods and tackle. On the down side, it is the size of a garden shed. So I can't give Enslow grief about his big fat Otter case anymore

I would like to build my own case, sure be nice to have to measurements for the foam inserts so I cut my own.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The once a year I head to Winnipeg I use a case, otherwise they are in the holes on the back of the ranger box. It is like they were built to hold a dozen rods on them. Works perfect.
2012_polaris_ranger-xp800_close-up_dump-box.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76