MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sweet!!

showdown.jpg

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
MSG cannot compare to a soccer field in Texas but it's a close second. Continuing to :;:stirthepot

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-b...north-america/

You are right again. Your college hockey knowledge continues to amaze.:;:stirthepot

Sorry, the link didn't work.

Junior “A” loop, the OJHL is certainly not that far behind as it is constantly helping young talent develop their skill sets for future play.[h=3]6.) BCHL (British Columbia Hockey League)[/h]The BCHL might be considered to be the best Junior “A” loop in Canada, but that distinction does not come without merit. The British Columbia Hockey League was established in 1961 and has been developing hockey talent on a consistent basis over the last five-plus decades.
Some of the more notable players to graduate from the BCHL and eventually make their way to the NHL are Brett Hull, Glenn Anderson, Bob Nystrom, Paul Kariya, Cliff Ronning, Tyler Bozak, Duncan Keith, and Jamie Benn. A number of other NHL players (Carey Price, Scott Gomez, Dallas Drake) also had BCHL roots before ascending to the professional level, and the hockey league’s reputation sure does speak for itself as it continues to help younger hockey players hone some of their raw talents.
[h=3]5.) USHL (United States Hockey League)[/h]The United States Hockey League has been producing some of the best NHL Entry Draft talent over the last several years, and there is a reason that the hockey league is considered to be top tier. Even though the USHL is an amateur league, hockey fans should not let that title fool them as there is a plethora of talent that goes through the hockey league’s ranks every years.
While the USHL went through a number of changes since its foundation in 1947, the hockey league has become the most competitive American junior hockey league. Despite the fact that the USHL only has 16 teams, the league has not failed to produce talented hockey players as Joe Pavelski, Tomas Vanek, Kyle Okposo, and Paul Stastny all played in the league before making the jump to the NHL. As NHL Entry Drafts pass by every year, it is becoming more and more apparent that such a bountiful amount of talent is passing through the USHL because of the opportunities that the league offers to its incoming youngsters.
[h=3]4.) NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association)[/h]The NCAA has been helping some of the finest young hockey talent develop over the decades as a number of hockey players have
The NCAA has been a very popular destination for young hockey players hoping to get into the NHL one day.

chosen to take the collegiate route when trying to break into the NHL. When it comes to depth, the NCAA sure isn’t a stranger as there are a total of 138 colleges and universities (spread out over three divisions) that compete in NCAA Men’s Ice Hockey.
While Division III Men’s Ice Hockey in the NCAA can lay claim to having the greatest amount of conferences and programs, Division I Men’s Ice Hockey in the NCAA is just as stacked and powerful as its Division III counterpart. The NCAA offers its players some of the finest development programs around and has been viewed as one of the biggest potential springboards that a prospect could use to eventually gain entry into the NHL. Not only has the NCAA developed a very sizable amount of NHL players and prospects, the athletic association will continue to be a popular destination for young hockey players as the opportunities that the NCAA affords to its incumbents are not so easily matched.
[h=3]3.) CHL (Canadian Hockey League)[/h]The combination of the WHL, QMJHL, & OHL is hard to compete with at any level. Not only are Canada’s “Big Three” major junior hockey leagues a popular destination for young hockey players, they serve as some of the best ice hockey developmental programs in North America.
Over the last several years and decades, some of the best NHL talent has gone through the ranks of the Canadian Hockey League. Naming well-known alumni from each of the CHL’s three development programs would be an arduous task as there are a countless amount of NHLers that have played in the WHL, OHL, or QMJHL before being drafted and brought up by their respective NHL teams. There is no doubt that Canada’s major junior leagues have been helping young hockey players hone their skill sets for quite some time now, and it is highly unlikely that another major junior circuit will rival the likes of the CHL any time soon.
[h=3]2.) ECHL[/h]Formerly known as the East Coast Hockey League, the ECHL is widely believed to be a notch below the AHL. Even though the level of play in the ECHL might not be completely on par with that of the AHL, the ECHL is still considered to be a mid-level professional ice hockey league.
The ECHL was founded in 1988 and currently features 22 teams and five divisions of play. Not only has the ECHL been going strong over the two and a half decades since its inception, it is also a frequent stop for many NHL hopefuls. While some players are shipped off for development in the AHL, the ECHL is also a popular stopping point for hockey talent as NHL teams might not have room to immediately place certain prospects at the AHL level. Over the years, a slew of talented NHLers have made their way to the NHL by proving their worth in the ECHL, and the league will continue to be one of the most recognized developmental ice hockey programs as long as NHL teams deem it fit to send their talent to destinations within the hockey league.
[h=3]1.) AHL (American Hockey League)[/h] The American Hockey League is usually viewed as the last stop for a prospect before an NHL call-up.

The American Hockey League is commonly viewed as the last level of play where a prospect must prove themselves ready for NHL duties. While some prospects are shipped off to the ECHL for further development, the AHL is usually the last stop for prospects that are very close to being called up to their respective NHL club. Despite the fact that both the ECHL and AHL are semi-professional and professional hockey leagues respectively, the two leagues provide its players with an opportunity to complete their maturation before they are considered for any NHL duties.
The AHL currently has 30 teams playing in six different divisions, so one can imagine the sheer amount of talent that passes through the league on a yearly basis. Even though hockey players complete a whole level of development before arriving in the AHL, the American Hockey League is still a destination where young hockey players can improve both physical and mental aspects of their game.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find myself attracted to the White House Black Market model advertised on the television

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know little about the foosball..

Is it?
1. NFL
2. FCS
3. Pop Warner

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had no idea what you were talking about so I googled it.

That's the one, while lying in bed drinking the morning coffee that I make for mrs johnr and me, this commercial comes on a couple times in the 30-45 minutes we visit and drink our morning brew. I comment on the lady being thin and rather sexy, it makes for tastier coffee, mrs johnr just shakes her head and agrees

That is one of the duty's I forgot to mention in the women ideas post, I have set the timer, added the water, and put the coffee in the machine for our entire marriage, she is one lucky woman as she gets up and brings the first cup back to our bedroom for us to enjoy...haha

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
camper, hahaha. You do realize that the ahl and echl are professional leagues right? Meaning they get paid salaries and most of their players already played in the CHL or college hockey before they play in the AHL or ECHL. Every NHL team has a "minor league" AHL affiliate. The ECHL is a mid level professional league (below the AHL). Think baseball AA and AAA. The only two even comparable are the CHL and college hockey and even there the CHL pays the players. And yet college hockey has produced over 30% of the total NHL players. The Fcs last year produced a little over 6.5% of the total players in the NFL. Please keep dropping your "knowledge"on me, it's entertaining. I apologize for dropping some facts in this nonsense. The more you know.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
camper, hahaha. You do realize that the ahl and echl are professional leagues right? Meaning they get paid salaries and most of their players already played in the CHL or college hockey before they play in the AHL or ECHL. Every NHL team has a "minor league" AHL affiliate. The ECHL is a mid level professional league (below the AHL). Think baseball AA and AAA. The only two even comparable are the CHL and college hockey and even there the CHL pays the players. And yet college hockey has produced over 30% of the total NHL players. The Fcs last year produced a little over 6.5% of the total players in the NFL. Please keep dropping your "knowledge"on me, it's entertaining. I apologize for dropping some facts in this nonsense. The more you know.

Thanks for reinforcing what I posted, 4h level. Who was talking baseball? Go NoDiks!! :;:muahaha

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for reinforcing what I posted, 4h level. Who was talking baseball? Go NoDiks!! :;:muahaha

There is no point in arguing with this idiot. He obviously isn't smart enough to know that semi-pro teams have absolutely no comparison to college leagues. By his logic UND hockey is below semi-pro hockey. So then one must assume that NDSU football is below semi-pro football teams like the Minot Oilers or the Fargo Invaders.

Camper, we understand you don't like hockey. Good for you. Please take your shallow minded comments back to fishing buddy and let us discuss the topic.

I hate comparing hockey to football because other than the fact the state has both programs there is absolutely nothing to compare. They are different sports with a different fan base. But I will fall to your level and ask a few simple questions....If NDSU football players are so much more talented, successful, important, ect please provide a comparison of total salaries of UND Alumni in the NHL and NDSU Football Alumni in the NFL. Now i know you wont do that because it will prove the point that you will not admit. So lets just compare NCAA Div 1 hockey players playing in the NHL to total FCS players currently in the NFL. Again with a little research you will not give an answer instead you will try to make some stupid reference to UND not having a nickname.

I am a lifelong UND fan and love the sport of hockey as well as football. I'm excite that UND football is starting to move in the right direction but I am not so ignorant that I can't admit that NDSU's football program is far superior to UND's football program. Good for them. Its great to see the state gets some recognition. Now please grow up and stop pretending that your opinion is the only one on this site that matters.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76