Private Gun Sales

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm considering selling a couple youth 870 20ga shotguns, and am checking into the ND laws. We are fortunate here in ND that we can do this pretty easily. My question is this, other than ID and contact information from the buyer, what else do you guys do?

I plan on doing a bill of sale including the price, gun description and serial number with a copy for myself and the buyer. Just to be safe should a guy ask to see a CCW permit or do you think would that limit the pool of buyers too much?

Our law is this..

"....can not supplying a firearm or ammunition to a person the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe is prohibited from possessing them under state law.[SUP]..."[/SUP]

"...prohibits any person from delivering to or providing a penitentiary inmate with a firearm intended to be used for an assault or to damage property.[SUP]3[/SUP] It also prohibits knowingly supplying a firearm for use in a riot.[SUP]"[/SUP]

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd feel more comfortable with a current NCIC printout if I didn't know the buyer personally.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd feel more comfortable with a current NCIC printout if I didn't know the buyer personally.

Me too. I know we are somewhat protected legally but I don't want to get wrapped up in selling a gun to guy and them him going off and shooting some place up.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think it would be that big of a hassle to go to the courthouse and get a criminal history on one's self. Then again, I'm not an expert or the brightest knife in the socket.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Run the sale through an FFL. Cover the $20 fee and get some piece of mind.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77