blood moon

grizzlyrider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any predictions on how the blood moon will affect deer movement tonight. I'mgoing to sit with anticipation of ggood things happening. But I was wrong once before.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, as Seismec said: Back in the Hills, back in the day I had a muskie strike a Rap floating beside of my hip as I untangled a loop on the spool. I was standing in the middle of the Tygart Rver facing the 11th St dam during a similar major celestial event on a sandbar in the dark. I was cussing as hard as experience would allow. I didn't know the "Loop Trick"; had line floating all over the hell then had the violent event occur beside my hip. Strange, it didn't scare the hell out of me; I guess I was too ticked off. Got the reel cleared and nothing. I quit just after daylight...nothing. Be ready. You may only have one chance...

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
When is it to occur?

Tonight. Lots of "end of days" noise going on from the Waco types.
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just finished photo on 50X. I should say about 30 photos. Some underexposed, some overexposed. Not that clear at three second exposure. Don't have the bucks for a programmable tracker.

grizzlyrider

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wel it dsnt help me any. Same results as a normal full moon. Saw 0. Still beats working!!!

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since deer either see red poorly or not at all (it's grey to them), the effect was minimal.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks, my phone took the photo but my spotter helped it out a little ;)

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had clouds drifting over until the eclipse was right near 100% then totally clouded over. Is the end of time a delayed thing...

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
After spending 5 hours on a rooftop with an incredible view of Dallas, I was able to create this composite image showing the moon transition from full moon, to full lunar eclipse, and back. Each moon image was shot approximately 10 minutes apart to capture the entire transition. Facebook friends post :

l.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85