POLITICAL tire talk

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in need of new tires on my F250, it has the stock tires on still, and after 2 winters on them I cant take another year of highway tires getting me stuck in 2 inches of snow.

I have it narrowed down to BF Goodrich all terrain T/A, or Good year Fierce Attitude.

I know some of you have the answers I am looking for, these are 18 inch tires.

Thanks for any and all help

johnr

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
i had good luck with bfgko's in 275 70 18E on a 1/2ton gas chev. plus that size seems to be cheaper than others.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard that firestone is pro immigration and also a fan of Obama care so id stay away from that. on a side note iv never heard a bad word about BFGs. my dad swears by them on his f350

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put bfg's on the tundra and am impressed, spendy, but they all are now

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in need of new tires on my F250, it has the stock tires on still, and after 2 winters on them I cant take another year of highway tires getting me stuck in 2 inches of snow.

I have it narrowed down to BF Goodrich all terrain T/A, or Good year Fierce Attitude.

johnr

YES go with the BF Goodrich T/A KO2 ... you will not be disappointed, put them on my truck last year and was very impressed with them

ko2-view3-thumb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

just so we're clear:
4513843603_5f3a08ef0d_z.jpg

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member

johnr

I've got the BFG All terrains on my F250. I'm at almost 54,000 miles on them and will need to replace them in the next month or so.

I haven't decided what to do yet. BFG is on my list but am looking at other tires as well.

For me, they have packed with mud but have been pretty decent on ice/snow/water.

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just put a set of Fierce Attitudes on my F250 work truck. Aggressive as hell. Some sidewall flex. Scares the hell out of you when you throw a rock at highway speeds. I just noticed a zit on the side of my truck the other day that came from the inside.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got the BFG All terrains on my F250. I'm at almost 54,000 miles on them and will need to replace them in the next month or so.

I haven't decided what to do yet. BFG is on my list but am looking at other tires as well.

For me, they have packed with mud but have been pretty decent on ice/snow/water.

a little less expensive option are the Hercules Terra Trac A/T2 , got them on the wife's Expedition for two years now...love them as well:
7067.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good year duratrac little hard, Cooper discoverer at3, general grabbers at2 unless you have a brand new truck with tight suspension don't buy the bf notorious for cupping

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good year duratrac little hard, Cooper discoverer at3, general grabbers at2 unless you have a brand new truck with tight suspension don't buy the bf notorious for cupping

I agree however the new generation BF A/T KO2 is siped better to help prevent that and improve tread wear ...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's the name that got me. I have no knowledge of the tire itself.

"I put a set of Fierce Attitudes on my TRD Pro" nobody wanted to have to say ever.

Do they come with a free pair of white oakleys?

- - - Updated - - -

and an affliction t-shirt?

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member

"I put a set of Fierce Attitudes on my TRD Pro" nobody wanted to have to say ever.

- - - Updated - - -

...and a confederate flag decal:

1270580064-l-DSCN2451.JPG

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

I just called Charbanoue (sp) and asked the guy if he could order me the next size bigger than what stock is, he says we could lift it up and put some big aggressive tires on there, I laughed and said I don't work in the patch and was just looking for a slight bit more, not wanting to oilfield it all up...haha. He laughed and said he gets that request a lot

fullrut

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't pick the name. Was told the Duratracs are being phased out. Going on a "work truck". Had both Silent Armors and Duratracs. Silent Armors sucked in the mud and snow. Duratracs were pretty good but only lasted about 30k. 90 percent of my miles are gravel or dirt and I live in Walsh County so good grip in the snow is a must have.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
...and a confederate flag decal:

11212_10151216463086863_598791414_n.jpg

My son told me this morning that he wanted the dukes of hazard horn in his pickup when he gets old enough to have one, I just remember that now with your post...haha, not even sure where he would have seen the duke boys and heard their horn, got me thinking I would kinda like to add that to the old pickup too.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have any thoughts on the toyo open country tires?

I see they have the open country RT which is supposed to be an inbetween of their all terrain and mud tire.I havent checked them out yet but throw your thoughts out there.

Martinslanding - will have to check on those. I know you have mentioned them a few different times.

Eta - link and pic
https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-rt-on-off-road-rugged-terrain-tires

IMG-OC_RT.png

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84