I'm new! I don't know what to do!

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
I finally made the leap from FBO and registered here yesterday. I'm sure I won't have a lot to contribute since I'm one of the few bass anglers here. But I'm quite the lurker!

My name is Steve. I live in Surrey but I don't think I know who Vollmer is.

BTW, if you didn't get the Joe Dirt reference in the title then you need to just get out.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
No you.

th

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you want to learn Steve?...You ever hang around a gymnasium?

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hi Steve!!! Welcome aboard!!! I for one applaud your courage to face your demons. There's no shame in only being able to catch bass. We on NDA are here for you and will be there to help you through these tough times as you work to rid yourself of the "Bass" stigma. With 5 or 8 years of hard work, you too, will be able to catch walleyes. (Grin)

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hi Steve!!! Welcome aboard!!! I for one applaud your courage to face your demons. There's no shame in only being able to catch bass. We on NDA are here for you and will be there to help you through these tough times as you work to rid yourself of the "Bass" stigma. With 5 or 8 years of hard work, you too, will be able to catch walleyes. (Grin)

Thanks guys!

I seem to catch enough of those tasty toothy critters on accident when I'm trying to catch bass. You guys might not want me to put in the hard work to actually try to figure out how to catch walleyes. I might not leave any left for the rest of you... ;)

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys!

I seem to catch enough of those tasty toothy critters on accident when I'm trying to catch bass. You guys might not want me to put in the hard to actually try to figure out how to catch walleyes. I might not leave any left for the rest of you... ;)

I think you'll fit right in!!! No need to lurk anymore.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want to catch a walleye Steve; cast a bunch of dainty, colorful items behind your boat, lock your bail, set your motor to idle, adjust your tiller for a wide circle, put in gear then hit yourself in the head with a maul. Thumbs Up:D

th

Last edited:

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want to catch a walleye Steve; cast a bunch of dainty, colorful items behind your boat, lock your bail, set your motor to idle, adjust your tiller for a wide circle, put in gear then hit yourself in the head with a maul. Thumbs Up:D

forums

It's funny that you'd use this analogy because that's exactly what I felt like any time I've trolled for any species. Even when they are really biting, I hate trolling. It's hardly better than watching paint dry. That's probably why I'm a bass fisherman. I obviously have attention span problems.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome to the Boards Steve. The way it looking you will fit in here!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Ooo!--weeds, Ooo! got him, no weeds, Ooo!---weeds, ooo no rocks, Ooo!-- got him! Ooo! forgot to take the motor out of gear, Ooo! got him this time, SEE the bent rod?!! Ooo there he is skipping toward the boat!" That's an eater!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57