When do you think we will have safe ice?

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
In particular, I'm talking about ice that's thick enough to walk on. As much as I hate to see the lakes ice over, I am a little excited to sit in a shack and drink beer while staring at a bobber again.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Busted out the short rods on November 17th last year. I'm going to guess December 5 will be my first day on the ice this year.

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure Black Friday was the first time I've been on the ice (on lake darling) but the lake already had close to 10 inches at that point. Logically, I would think I could have got out there maybe a week or so earlier. Then again, I'm extra safe with it and won't go out on the ice until I see a fair amount of other people out there.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel safer on the ice on black Friday than shopping with my wife. One year I did the "running of the retards" because I wanted a good deal on a tv. I will NEVER do that again

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking black Friday for this guy if there is no safe ice by then I'll just go to the river.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's typically black Friday for me. It was a week earlier last year though.

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would tend to agree, the term is less offensive if we were to call it no longer red Friday.
Use a little common sense fellas

What if we called it "Not White Friday"? Then it would have some jazzy abbreviation like NWF. Makes it easier for texting and social media. the kids will go nuts over it!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel safer on the ice on black Friday than shopping with my wife. One year I did the "running of the retards" because I wanted a good deal on a tv. I will NEVER do that again

HAhahaha you win the internet today

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say mid December; water temps are still runnin warm and el nino seems to keep the warm weather coming (this weekend 80s for highs)

- - - Updated - - -

ps not the year to buy a ice castle

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
One big cold storm/blizzard with 50 mph winds can get lakes back to "normal temps" in 2-3 days.

I bet ice up will be within a week of the 10 year average :cool:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
One big cold storm/blizzard with 50 mph winds can get lakes back to "normal temps" in 2-3 days.

I bet ice up will be within a week of the 10 year average :cool:

Maybe you should run for office, with posts like this.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would tend to agree, the term is less offensive if we were to call it no longer red Friday.
Use a little common sense fellas

Probably should be "no longer losing our arses, but not making more than our fair share, without lording it over our employees, bilking our investors or sticking it to our customers and not hurting the planet or using too much child labor and gee golly we are sustainable and by the way it sucks to own a business in this country with our dipstick leaders thank God it is Friday, I need a drink, Friday."

I think it will be around 12-10.....

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Since shorthairs is calling for dry again (like every year), it should be one cold snowy SOB. Haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75