Current Techniques

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering is anyone has started playing around with different techniques in the stand. Having seen the first couple forks clankin antlers, I am wondering if rattling or even grunting will start to work.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I went out on Friday just to get aquianted with my spot. First time sitting this year for something other than a doe. Got out there and did all the range measurements. Settled in late and had a paraglider fly over after 45 minutes. Decided to use it to cover my exit.

Pulled cards and am seeing new bucks moving. Had a 5x4 and 4x4 locking horns. A couple days late there are different bucks locking horns. All the smaller forks are gone. Several pictures showed bucks following does.

Last edited:

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
rattled in a 125ish 4x4 on sunday morning.
he came in running and brisled up.

5 more days and things should start getting GOOD if some cool weather moves in.
deer are still keyed in to the massive amount of acorns from this years mast crop. biggest i've ever seen.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am headed out this weekend to see how they will be moving. Haven't had a buck moving in daylight on cameras yet.

Anyone seeing daylight movement, besides Bri-Guy?

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
seen shat pile of deer last night. 7 bucks but no biggies. they were moving early

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have yet to have a buck move in daylight at my place. Does and fawns, all day long. I'm headed out for a couple sits this weekend. We shall see if they decide to start moving.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I passed on a buck back in September that I probably shouldn't have. Strong west winds will have me back in the treestand Sunday and Monday. Will be trying rattling/grunting.

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I grunted in the buck I posted in the photo section. He was about 80-100 yards away across a big coulee. Gave a couple soft grunts and he looked in my direction but didn't bite. He started to walk away and I gave 3 aggressive grunts and he puffed up and came in on a rope! It was really cool. He had to get through a very thick cattail coulee to get to me, but nothing was going to stop him. He came in to 10 yards. Had a smaller buck come from a different spot at the same time. Also saw him destroy a small tree before I started grunting. They are definitely ready to get their party started.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 103
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66